It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2003, 12:41 AM   #1

peache HB User
Unhappy Major Sleep Problems with seizure....HELP

Hello everyone....Ok a few years ago I was diagnosed with partical complex seizures....lately I have been having a lot of problems sleeping....I'll fall asleep and then something will wake me up but I won't feel right. I feel like I have something heavy on my chest and my muscles feel weak and I don't feel right. Then it is really hard for me to get back to sleep. Does anyone ever experience this or have any advice. I lose so much sleep and I really don't feel right when I wake up it's a horrible feeling. Any thougts would be great. Thanks,
Robyn

Old 01-24-2003, 01:41 PM   #2
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
when you wake up, are you completely awake, or are you still half asleep?
Because I get what is called Sleep Paralysis. I was getting these things once in a while for years, and then I asked the doctor about it, and found out that there is an actual term for it- Sleep Paralysis. I looked it up on the internet. one of the symptoms is your chest feeling heavy as if something was on top of it (although that isn't one of my symptoms... but it is a common one, according to what I've read). and it didn't say anything about being related to seizures, but I noticed that the only time it happens to me is around the time when I'm having small seizures for a few days in a row.
What happens is I'm sleeping, and all of a sudden I'll wake up, but I can't completely wake up, and my ears ring like crazy, and my body feels all tingly, and I can't move. The only thing that snaps me out of it (besides waiting for it to stop. but it drives me crazy and i don't want to lay there and wait for it to stop.), is moving my finger. I can't move any other part of my body, but i can usually move a finger, and it snaps me out of it. and this might hapen 2 or 3 times more that night.

so i don't know if that's what you're talking about, but the feeling funny and heavy chest thing made me think of that.

~Krista
)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread