It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2003, 02:29 AM   #1

teabag172003 HB User
Post epilepsy and cipramil nightmare

hi my name is pat, i had a brain haemorrhage 7 yrs ago and was diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy, i take tegretol for the epilepsy and i have been fine until nov 2001. i mentioned to my doctor that i had a little anxiety and she said it was normal after what i had been through. she pulled out of her cupboard 3 boxes of cipramil and gave them to me and said do not read the patient information it will only make you anxious and take half a tablet for 4 days then up it to a full tablet. well the first day i was suicidel and by the fifth day i had lost 21lbs and was in hospital with a rash, tremor, and worse seizures. has anyone had an adverse reaction to taking cipramil and tegretol i was alright with the tegretol i only had deja vu epilepsy but since taking the cipramil i now have full tonic clonic seizures. my doctor said that the cipramil lowered the tegretol causing a worse seizure kicking of the tonic clonic epilepsy so i now have to take 800mg of tegretol a day for the rest of my life and i have to go for an eeg and mri scan. i thought doctors where supposed to help you not make you a 100% worse. by the way i have changed my doctor to a new one who is very good and listens to what i have to say. any info would be appreciated.
look after yourselves
regards pat

Old 01-27-2003, 11:22 AM   #2

4shar HB User
Pat,
I have had seizures since I was 12 and just turned 46 the other day. I know that it is hard to get on the right meds. I went through a part in my life that I was overdosed then underdosed of these meds. The best information I can give to you is get your blood work done periodically. Seems sad to say but no two of us are the same so guinea pigs we must be. I just got off of Dilantin about 2yrs. ago. It only affected one of my teeth. Other than that I have been in good shape. I now take tegretol CR and Epival. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread