It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2003, 04:25 AM   #1

shirlygirly HB User
Post after reading

Hi,
after reading a few of your posts.i really do know how you feel.
Epilepsy can take its toll and it sucks, i never ever thought i would have an illness, i was always that bright and full of fun up until the age of 11...from that age i went really shallow and very upset, i knew eventually i had to come to terms with it, but never really understood it till i was about 15-16.as i was off school alot through the disorder,i wouldd spend weeks in hosp. In a way it was a great scive from school! 22 years on it can still get me down, never try to think about it to much and make sure i take med first thing in the morning and that my tummy is full.
The people at school used to think i had a disease and that they would catch it, but i did have the people who understood, if i had seizure they would all stand round me and look,....now my seizures are very few and far between, but it would be pot luck if i grew out of them or not,,,but i never have..bbbbbut they have spaced themselves out over the years.could be my body maturing who knows?
i have had freinds and lost them through this, i will never get to close to people, and i would never be a burden on anyone. I am a very distant person sometimes and just screw up with nerves, even if i am outside in busy places i get very phobic, is it understandabbble.if someone looks at me i think they know i have epilepsy! its crazy i know but 22 years on i still feel like this.
tc
shirley.x.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2003, 12:21 PM   #2

simeone HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by shirlygirly:
Hi,
after reading a few of your posts.i really do know how you feel.
Epilepsy can take its toll and it sucks, i never ever thought i would have an illness, i was always that bright and full of fun up until the age of 11...from that age i went really shallow and very upset, i knew eventually i had to come to terms with it, but never really understood it till i was about 15-16.as i was off school alot through the disorder,i wouldd spend weeks in hosp. In a way it was a great scive from school! 22 years on it can still get me down, never try to think about it to much and make sure i take med first thing in the morning and that my tummy is full.
The people at school used to think i had a disease and that they would catch it, but i did have the people who understood, if i had seizure they would all stand round me and look,....now my seizures are very few and far between, but it would be pot luck if i grew out of them or not,,,but i never have..bbbbbut they have spaced themselves out over the years.could be my body maturing who knows?
i have had freinds and lost them through this, i will never get to close to people, and i would never be a burden on anyone. I am a very distant person sometimes and just screw up with nerves, even if i am outside in busy places i get very phobic, is it understandabbble.if someone looks at me i think they know i have epilepsy! its crazy i know but 22 years on i still feel like this.
tc
shirley.x.
Hi There Shirley
When I learn that I had Epilepsy I was very drepressed. I am 40 now I only discovered I had Epilepsy last april when a had my first grand mal siezure. It was the worse day of my life. If you lost friends because of this they were not friends to start with. When people look at you they do not know you have epilepsy. Epilepsy do suck but we have to think possitive because we will never make it. You are 22 years old you got lots of years in front of you,do not let this disease get the better of you. Good Luck and Take Care Of Yourself.

Closed Thread