It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2002, 06:32 AM   #1
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Unhappy Headaches are coming back...!!!

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to give you all an update!

Five weeks before my wedding I went off of my med (with doctor's permission) due to some unwanted side effects (mainly a rash on my shoulder and a skipped period).

Anyway, the rash cleared up and I had a fab wedding and honeymoon...no problems at all! However within the last few days I've been getting excruciating headaches again. Right before I started my epilepsy med last time I was getting horrible headaches which my doc said was due to "seizure activity". To me these headaches mean the return to Tegretrol and seizures.

I'm not too upset I suppose. My wedding day and honeymoon were fantastic and seizure free. I'll be calling my doc in the AM to set up an appointment. He said at my last appointment that he'll be starting me on a low dose of Tegretol XR again when I was ready. I'll keep you all updated!

Take care everybody!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Nic

Old 10-13-2002, 07:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi Nic,
I hope your headaches go away. Be well, and good luck with the meds. Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2002, 11:34 AM   #3
(male)

couldbeworsaspose HB User
Wink

nic,
sorry to hear you're not feeling well.hope everything goes well with your meds,and welcome to married life!

Old 10-14-2002, 12:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Hey Girl! I am really sorry to hear about you headaches! I sure hope you Doc can get you started up on your meds again before you have another seizure. Hopefully the headaches you are having now are not actually seizure activity, but just really a bad headache!
So how is the married life? I have not talked to you in a while & have missed ya!
I hope besides the headaches all else is well! keep me posted!
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Kim

Old 10-14-2002, 03:45 PM   #5
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Hi Hon,

Hey if you can handle the tegretol take it... I wouldn't mess with the seizures at all. If it controls it you are lucky.. I am currently looking for an alternative to mysoline. I want my life back and this staying home business is not worth it.

Hugs
Koko

Old 10-15-2002, 03:09 AM   #6
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Smile

Hello everybody!

Sorry that I'm just now posting back. Gav and I were away up to Scotland for the weekend. We're both loving married life!

I still haven't made the doctor's appointment yet. I know...I'm terrible! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif Just been so busy! I will though sometime this week because he wants to see me before starting me on the meds again.

Take care everybody and I'll be in touch!

Old 10-18-2002, 09:58 PM   #7

Beth's Mom HB User
Nic,
Please don't delay going to your neurologist.
I remember Ally McGraw in a movie many years ago...her boyfriend asks her why she was not on the pill when she says she is pregnant and she replies, "I didn't think it would happen to me."
Please get back on the pills so you don't have a seizure that throws your newly married life into havoc!
The headaches might be a sign that the seizures are returning and you need to be medicated.
Take care,
Marilyn...Beth's Mom
Marilyn

Old 10-20-2002, 04:26 AM   #8
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Marilyn,

Thanks for your advice...you're completely right! The headaches were insanely bad a couple days ago and the pharamacist gave me some extra-strength Tylenol with Codeine. Its helped a lot. No headaches yesterday!

Take care!

Old 10-20-2002, 07:19 AM   #9
Inactive

curse HB User
Question

If your Dr. said "O.K." then I "assume" that you have not had seizures in @ least a year? I would hope that is the case, or I would be looking for a "real" Dr.
Have you asked or he mentioned migraines? Maybe that's all it is. Imitrex is a great migraine drug for me. It works in either shots or nasal spray. Codeine will just put you to sleep so you don't feel the pain, but it won't cure the problem.

Good Luck!

Old 10-21-2002, 01:32 PM   #10

Abelle HB User
My boyfriend has headaches from sun up to sun down...he has taken Imitrex and everything else. With the headaches came a return of sezure activity he hadn't had in 8 years. He is on Depakote now,prescribes by our normal physician, just to tide him over until he sees a neuro...

His headaches are not as intense now, but they are still there constantly with no relief at all....
Lennon

Old 01-28-2003, 11:01 PM   #11

simeone HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by nicola76:
Hello everybody!

Five weeks before my wedding I went off of my med (with doctor's permission) due to some unwanted side effects (mainly a rash on my shoulder and a skipped period).

Anyway, the rash cleared up and I had a fab wedding and honeymoon...no problems at all! However within the last few days I've been getting excruciating headaches again. Right before I started my epilepsy med last time I was getting horrible headaches which my doc said was due to "seizure activity". To me these headaches mean the return to Tegretrol and seizures.

I'm not too upset I suppose. My wedding day and honeymoon were fantastic and seizure free. I'll be calling my doc in the AM to set up an appointment. He said at my last appointment that he'll be starting me on a low dose of Tegretol XR again when I was ready. I'll keep you all updated!

Take care everybody!

Hi There
Ask your doctor if could put you on topomax it's good for headaches and seizures.I use to have a lot of headaches but since I am topomax I feel a bit better. While I hope you feel better, and Take Care Of Yourself.

Old 01-28-2003, 11:02 PM   #12

simeone HB User
Quote:
Hello everybody!

Take care everybody!

Hi There
Ask your doctor if could put you on topomax it's good for headaches and seizures.I use to have a lot of headaches but since I am topomax I feel a bit better. While I hope you feel better, and Take Care Of Yourself.

Old 01-29-2003, 01:25 PM   #13

shirlygirly HB User
hi nic,

sorry to hear of your headaches!
i do not suffer from these, but couldn't really imagine your kind, except for the kind i get from the kids.
hope your are ok
bye
shirley.x.

Old 01-29-2003, 02:11 PM   #14
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Smile

Simeone,

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to ask my doc about Topomax. Does it make you drowsy? Tegretol makes me sooo sleepy. I can only take it at night before bed.

Take care!

Old 01-30-2003, 12:32 PM   #15

simeone HB User
Quote:
Simeone,

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to ask my doc about Topomax. Does it make you drowsy? Tegretol makes me sooo sleepy. I can only take it at night before bed.

Take care!

Hi there Nic nice to hear from you.
Topomax make a little bit tired but not very much. I take one in the morning and one at night but a also take trileptal and dialntin twice a day. Keep in touch, and take care.

Closed Thread