It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2003, 01:09 AM   #1

Magikchris17 HB User
Post Drooling in sleep with Epilepsy??

Hi there, I have had 3 grand mal seizures in my life, im 17 now and in high school. one in 2nd grade and the other two in 8th grade. Ive just noticed I drool in my sleep and it leaves little white marks, its not semen because its on my pillow where my head rests. And sometimes, maybe like 2 or 3 times in my life I experienced heavy dizziness and light headed for a minute, but it goes away. is that some sign? I take Depakote and I have not had any twitches or anything (my whole head would twitch for 5 seconds and I have eye twitches but my doctor says those are normal.) So can anyone help me? By the way I HATE EPILEPSY...but I am learning to deal with it.

Old 01-27-2003, 12:00 PM   #2

simeone HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Magikchris17:
Hi there, I have had 3 grand mal seizures in my life, im 17 now and in high school. one in 2nd grade and the other two in 8th grade. Ive just noticed I drool in my sleep and it leaves little white marks, its not semen because its on my pillow where my head rests. And sometimes, maybe like 2 or 3 times in my life I experienced heavy dizziness and light headed for a minute, but it goes away. is that some sign? I take Depakote and I have not had any twitches or anything (my whole head would twitch for 5 seconds and I have eye twitches but my doctor says those are normal.) So can anyone help me? By the way I HATE EPILEPSY...but I am learning to deal with it.
Hi There
I had my first grand mal seizure went I was 39 years of age. I am 40 now. I only had one grand mal seizure but had a lot of partial seizures.I find I twitche a lot since I am on those medications. I take 200mg of dilantin,600mg of trileptal,and 50mg of topomax. And by the way I also hate having EPILEPSY to.. Good Luck and take care of yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2003, 09:40 AM   #3
(male)

Kodo HB User
When I first started to get nocturnal seizures, I would bite my tongue, or sometimes chew my inner cheek, letting a small bit of blood out. Helped by some drewl in the morning I would find a small red dot on my pillow or whatever. Unfortunately I was too stupid to even know what was going on and the epilepsy was not diagnosed until 4 years later when someone actually witnessed an attack.

I don't think the drewling is uncommon at all.

Hang in there! Kodo

Old 02-02-2003, 07:27 PM   #4

kjgems HB User
Magikchris17, I have known several people who did not have epilepsy but still left those white marks on their pillows. I think many people drool in their sleep. Of course, if there is blood in it, that is another issue entirely. I bit my tongue so bad one time there was blood soaked through the pillow and all over. Definitely not fun.

But anything that seems different to you, don't be afraid to mention to your doctor, just in case. You never know what might be helpful in his diagonosing your case!!

Old 02-03-2003, 09:58 AM   #5

sekharp HB User
What has been all of your folks' experience with cheek biting? I remember that, especially before I went on medication, I would wake up with a sore spot near the back teeth (I mean, where I would have bitten myself during the night). Any ideas? Thanks.

------------------
All of us has an angel, if only we know where to look.

Closed Thread