It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2003, 07:09 PM   #1

tplant HB User
Question sleep 'seizure'(?)

Very frustrated/concerned. My son has been having episodes during the first and last part of sleep cycle where he will stare off, then vomit or wet himself, after this he is very limp and unresponsive, his hands and fingers start twitching and during one his lips turned blue. This will last from 15 to 30 minutes. Some have also been followed by 1/2 hour to hour of unresponsive crying, where he doesn't acknowlege that anyone is talking to him or holding him. He has had an MRI and EEG performed both of which came up normal. Has anyone every heard of anything similar to this, or have any suggestions. Any response would be much appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-29-2003, 07:54 PM   #2

lazoo HB User
How old is your child? What have the doctors said it could be? One of my sons had what is called night terrors. He would wake up crying and screaming, eyes open. Horrible, horrible screaming. This would last like you say 30 min to one hour. Then he would go back to sleep, sleep normally, and be fine the next day. It only happened a few times. I believe her was 18months to 3 years old. Didn't think to check for twitching or jerking as I plead total ignorance to anything seizure related until my daughter developed them. Good luck. lazoo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2003, 03:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Did they do just and EEG or a sleep deprived 24 hour VEEG. I suggest the latter since he could have a normal EEG and still have a seizure problem if he did not seize at the time of the EEG. MRI can frequently be normal and still have seizures too.
Hope you find answers it sounds very scary...

Closed Thread