It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2003, 05:22 PM   #1

Lindakatt HB User
Question Has anyone been helped by a chiropractor?

I went to see a chirpractor today for the first time in my life, and he told me one of his epileptic patients has had his seizures decrease from one a day to about one a month. Apparently this is all from his adjustments made to his neck and spine.

Has anyone thought of this or tried this? I apparently have a lot of "subluxation" (misalignment) in my spine and some adjustments could help me.

Old 01-30-2003, 02:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
I have heard of chiropractors helping with seizures. In our case I took my son to the one I had seen for a dozen years. It did not help and actually he would have more seizures right after the adjustment. tried it for a few months and quit since it did not help...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2003, 11:56 PM   #3
Lindy&tj

My son started to have siezures in July.With meds he has about two a week(on the meds they are partial ones the two without meds were grandmal).I hear about the chiro thing and I am giving it a try.I have not noticed it helping much with the siezures but the x-rays showed he had a lot of neck truma for a 12 year old.He does sleep a lot better and seems more relaxed so I am glad we are doing it..We started out 3 times a week and now his neck has improved so he goes once every two weeks.We have not found a cause for the seizures and I can,t help but wonder about a neck injury,His test came back all good but the EEG.
Has anyone hear of Lamictal being given to anyone as young as 12?

Old 02-09-2003, 12:24 AM   #4

mandynz HB User
Hi Lindy & tj

My daughter was started on Lamictal when she was 18 months old because of the severity of her seizures. She was also on Vigabatrin (Sabril). The main thing to look out for with Lamictal is a rash on the body - my daughter never had this so the dose was increased on a 3 weekly basis.

Mandy

Closed Thread