It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2003, 05:38 PM   #1

Islander HB User
Post One of the lucky ones

Hi
This is my first post on this page, but I am very glad to find it. I suppose that I should start by telling alittle about myself. I had my first seizure around the age of 12. I was put on dilantin, and walked around in a fog until I was put on depakote at age 17. I still have short term memory problems and have gone as long as 5 years without a seizure. All of them have grand mal and all that I know of people have been around. That has been one of my biggest problems and one of my greatest blessings. Someone that I know has always been there to take care of me. I have always been afraid of what others will think, and how they will react. Luckly (to the best of my knowledge) no one has distanced themselves because of my disability. Infact it has brought me closer to some people. In the past three years I have had four seizures. Two almost three years ago and two about a year ago. My meds were uped to 2000mg a day. Everything seems to almost be regular. I just don't know anyone who has this problem and talks openly about it. Thank goodness for the internet it can help one talk more openly. I have just come to grips with the reality and the dangers. I have decided to take responsibility for my life. Talking to people about it seems the first step. I know that I am one of the lucky ones. To some people this is a daily or weekly problem. Thanks to all the people who write on this board. There is alot more I need to vent but another time.

Thanks for listening.
Islander

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2003, 10:58 AM   #2

simeone HB User
Hi islander
I am new to this board to. I had my first siezure last April and I am one of the lucky one too because I am alive today because found in time. I am on dilantin, trileptal, and topamax, and I have not have a grand-mal seizure before last April that was my first one and I have not had one since then but I have partials seizures. Good Luck and Take Care of Yourself.

Old 02-09-2003, 11:02 AM   #3

simeone HB User
Hi islander
I am new to this board to. I had my first siezure last April and I am one of the lucky one too because my husband found in time. I am on dilantin, trileptal, and topamax, and I have not have a grand-mal seizure before last April that was my first one and I have not had one since then but I have partials seizures. Good Luck and Take Care of Yourself.

Closed Thread