It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2003, 10:45 AM   #1

twirlygirl HB User
Question how "small" can a seizure be?

hi all,

a question from a still-newbie...

i'm trying to understand how seizures and auras relate to each other.

around my ovulation time, i was getting lots of periods of minor dizziness, fuzzy-headedness, heavy-headedness, sometimes shimmery lights, etc... it felt like 20+ individual ones. sometimes the period lasted for more than 5 minutes at a time. i think i understand that those were auras; but they never developed into anything else, and they were nothing at all that was anything like the one simple partial thingey that i had, in which i was unresponsive and staring for up to a minute.

most importantly, i noticed that i could pull myself out of them if something came along, e.g. the phone rang, or i had to talk with someone at work.

so, if auras are seizures also, are they just seizures that aren't generalized, or severe enough to cause the more debilitating symptoms? or are they something else? or is it one of those different-for-each-person kinda things?

thanks much,

twirlygirl

Old 02-09-2003, 11:49 AM   #2

simeone HB User
Hi There
I have the same as you during my menstruation I have complex partials siezure that means that I have nausea earing and vision distortion but I do not get th grand-mal siezure that mean lost consconsness and body movement. I am on dilantin, trileptal and also topamax but I still get partials only during my mentruation and I get alot of headaches and get very tired during those days. I am going to see a doctor to give some natural progestrone to help it. I hope it work. Keep in touch and good luck. Take Care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread