It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2003, 03:32 AM   #1

pishey HB User
Post another dimension

Hello everyone, I am new to this board (except the small response I left about chocolate) Anyway, I was diagnosed with E about 10-12 years ago. No one else in my family has ever had anything like this. (of course no one in my family has every had 95% of what I have wrong)
I started out with non convulsive seizures which we got under control with meds. After several years the meds didn't work so good anymore. I was told then that I also had another type of E (right now I can't remember what they called it). The doc changed the meds & was again better, So I thought!! Now he says that it is or has become complex partial seizures, or temperol lope "phenoninom" (spelling). Whatever it is called it's really weird. After all this, my question is: does anyone out there go into an "alternate state" or what feels like another dimension?? I actually, see, hear and/or do things that are really NOT going on. Like I will try to reach for something I see, or open my mouth to eat something that is not there. As soon as I do whatever it is, I "wake" up. I also "fall asleep" at the drop of a hat. My eyes get real funny (I can also feel it just before it happens) When I "fall asleep" that's when I feel like I am in this other dimension. My hubby is ALWAYS ALWAYS there for me & thank GD so are my friends. My doc says that it is a part of the temperal lobe thing. He says that he really can't increase the amount of drugs dosages or any new drugs because of everything else I take (about 11 different types of drugs due to MANY different med problems) Finally, my question is does ANYONE else have this type of problem with, before or after a seizure? I am really feeling like I'm NUTS. I don't know how to deal with this anymore. It seems that it gets worse all of the time. PLEASE help me. I read on one of the other boards here that the flickering light from the sun & trees is a problem for some, me too. It brings on the migraines that are so intense. I look forward to hearing from anyone who has a clue!!
Thanks for listening.
Kathy

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2003, 09:32 AM   #2

simeone HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by pishey:
Hello everyone, I am new to this board (except the small response I left about chocolate) Anyway, I was diagnosed with E about 10-12 years ago. No one else in my family has ever had anything like this. (of course no one in my family has every had 95% of what I have wrong)
I started out with non convulsive seizures which we got under control with meds. After several years the meds didn't work so good anymore. I was told then that I also had another type of E (right now I can't remember what they called it). The doc changed the meds & was again better, So I thought!! Now he says that it is or has become complex partial seizures, or temperol lope "phenoninom" (spelling). Whatever it is called it's really weird. After all this, my question is: does anyone out there go into an "alternate state" or what feels like another dimension?? I actually, see, hear and/or do things that are really NOT going on. Like I will try to reach for something I see, or open my mouth to eat something that is not there. As soon as I do whatever it is, I "wake" up. I also "fall asleep" at the drop of a hat. My eyes get real funny (I can also feel it just before it happens) When I "fall asleep" that's when I feel like I am in this other dimension. My hubby is ALWAYS ALWAYS there for me & thank GD so are my friends. My doc says that it is a part of the temperal lobe thing. He says that he really can't increase the amount of drugs dosages or any new drugs because of everything else I take (about 11 different types of drugs due to MANY different med problems) Finally, my question is does ANYONE else have this type of problem with, before or after a seizure? I am really feeling like I'm NUTS. I don't know how to deal with this anymore. It seems that it gets worse all of the time. PLEASE help me. I read on one of the other boards here that the flickering light from the sun & trees is a problem for some, me too. It brings on the migraines that are so intense. I look forward to hearing from anyone who has a clue!!
Thanks for listening.
Kathy

Hi Kathy
You are not only out there I get vision distorsion,hearing distorsion one time I was doing my workout and I saw more people came into the video to do the woukout on T.V. I see thing move and one time I was diong my groceries peoples voices would get louder or soft. But now that I am on medication I only get partials onces in a while. Good Luck.

Old 01-23-2003, 11:25 AM   #3

Piano HB User
Pishey--the thing about the sunlight flickering thru the trees? If it hits me on the side of the face (which it ususally does, while I'm driving) a lot of times I get dizzy and disoriented. Happened since I was young.

Old 01-23-2003, 11:54 PM   #4

pishey HB User
Thank you Piano & Simeone for both sending me a reply.
Do either of you ever reach for "things" that are in your "Other reality". Sometimes I go to reach for something left on the table for me, or if someone has food I actually open my mouth to get ready to taste it. It is REALLY getting scarier (spelling). It seems to be happening more & more. You mentioned that you are on medication & it seems to be working. I am already taking Lamectal & Neurontin. My doc has told me that it is like having a "brain cold". They come and go like waves. I may have them for a week or two and then none for a few weeks or so. I am truly glad that it is not just me.
As far as the sunlight flickering, I too have had a problem with this since I can remember. The worst part is the migraine, sometimes it is followed by a full blown seizure & sometimes just a little.
Again, thanks for answering!
Kathy

Old 01-27-2003, 09:05 AM   #5

mimmy317 HB User
My daughter (24) has seizures. For a while she was seeing men in the house that was not there. She also saw & heard a large dog barking at her and was swatting at flies that were not there. It went away after a couple of weeks but did never find out what caused it.

Old 02-10-2003, 04:55 PM   #6

bilbostuff HB User
I have had similar experiences, however everything seems to be in slow motion..My wife may be calling for me to wake up and I am right there but is seems like miles, plus I do not always recognize her..interesting state, I have wondered on occassion if we are simply seeing things other cannot...I suppose it depends on perception. I especially notice your title (alternate Univers..I have often used the same phrase when describing the stange feelings

Closed Thread