It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2003, 10:13 PM   #1

bilbostuff HB User
Post Tounge

Ok this is a wierd one...anyone know any wonderful cures to a chewed on tounge...I went through mine pretty well, and frankly it hurts like heck...tried ice, etc...but I cannot walk around with ice all day, it seems to be taking longer to heal than normal...and I want some pizza!!...any ideas would be helpful..

Old 02-09-2003, 04:21 PM   #2

Islander HB User
Thumbs up

Hi
I don't have any fast cures, but if you have to eat try instant breakfast or slimfast shakes (chocolate). Every time I bite my toung or cheek it keeps me full until they heal. But nothing I know can take the place of pizza. Hope you feel better soon.
Islander

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2003, 04:34 PM   #3

bilbostuff HB User
Thank you Islander, I shall survive...heck, with the breakfast drink, might even lose some weight...there is a positive to everything!!

Old 02-10-2003, 03:58 AM   #4

shirlygirly HB User
Talking

hi bilbo,
i've read a few of your posts and certainly have had a bit cheering up!
you seem to take all this light hearted although i know you will have your problems, but i can't help but think, you like a wee big humour there to, i certainly got a wee gaggle at your posts! as far as pizza goes, well mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy.but if it was me it would maybe stop me speaking for a while! yes it is nasty and very painful especially if you got mouth ulcers to!!
tc and thanks for the light heartedness,
you've cheered me up!
shirley.x.

Old 02-10-2003, 06:19 PM   #5

bilbostuff HB User
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by shirlygirly:
hi bilbo,
i've read a few of your posts and certainly have had a bit cheering up!
you seem to take all this light hearted although i know you will have your problems, but i can't help but think, you like a wee big humour there to, i certainly got a wee gaggle at your posts! as far as pizza goes, well mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy.but if it was me it would maybe stop me speaking for a while! yes it is nasty and very painful especially if you got mouth ulcers to!!
tc and thanks for the light heartedness,
you've cheered me up!
shirley.x.
Shirleygirly,
I am glad a smile has approached your face. If one thinks about it there is no other real alternative.Sure we could all complain about our squished up tounges, our bruises, our own little inner struggles but what is the point.
Think about this, have you ever met someone that looked better frowning than smiling? I have not. My wife finds it strange that I take this particular state of mind on, however to me, it is only logical (not that I am a Vulcan or anything)
We are afterall are the shakers and movers of society. :}
We have all had those "when is this going to stop" thoughts or the year gone by without a seizure thinking that some way by some miraculas moment that the seizures have now disappeared, only to find out that "oops we were mistaken" but why thrive on this.
It takes to much energy to have a seizure let alone thrive on the depression that it can bring,,
One has to start asking very strange questions..
Are we really the one that are normal?
Do these thunderstorms in our head have a display of lighening to enjoy?
Are seizures just natures way of letting the smarter ones (epileptics) let some of our intelligence out to share with the cosmos?
Do you really feel bad after a seizure or perhaps do you feel just a bit better than before?
Why can't we all dance with the same rythm of a seizure?
Where do are minds go while having a seizure..do they actually just "seize"...or do we have other pressing matters at hand.
Hey if we were all in one country would we cause earthquakes?
Funny questions, but ones that have passed through many of our "noodles"
I personally have that silly question of why once people seem to find out that we do have this neat little condition do they have to constantly say things like, "how are you feeling today?" "Are you ok?" or the really pathetic one of "you look good today"...The question really is..why have these silly people not asked this question of us before they knew that we shaked, rattled and rolled on occassion? The answers are all enough to get a giggle...
The special treatment is the silliest, unless cases are truely severe, heck there is no difference bettween a fine epileptic and any other human being..The neat thing is that we really have no choice but avoid alchol, a drug that essentially beats the brains and kidneys to a pulp, staying up to late, stressing out etc...for goodness sakes what are we really missing???
Another thought I must share...there have been times when I told my wife, I felt better after the seizure..granted my touge felt like liverwurst..but the stress was gone...The questions, hey, we get to ask them......a seizure is nothing more than an altering of perspective..we are actually lucky we get to have more than one perspective....
So Shirley next time you fall, do it on a pillow, next time you wake up, realize that you have just realeased stress that would have normally caused you a heart attack later on in life...the tounge thing we shall over come, the silly people things we shall overcome

Closed Thread