It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2003, 09:57 AM   #1

violarose HB User
Post tired of all the pain that goes w/seizures

i want to have a pity party, just for a few minutes. my personaity- happy, find good things in life, but the constant pain. i try so hard. its been so hard. i was fine one day, then i woke up one morning- major menigites, spent time in the hospital. and each day its a struggle. - I was the smiling idiot- no pun, for months dealing with menigietes, then to have them turn into grandmal seizures. for one day I just want to me be again. for one day- not to have to suffer from severe headaches, eyes blurring, brain not cooperating and my comprehension. my husband tells me i listen to the same cd over and over- because i forget that i listned to it already. today is valentines day, my husband deserves the moon. I still go out in public, but since my grandmals seem to be coming on , once a week or so. if it happens in public, they call 911, i get so irritated being in the hospital!!! i dont want this anymore: (

Old 02-14-2003, 10:45 AM   #2
(female)

Rebecca's Mom HB User
Hi - my heart goes out to you - how difficult it is not to see light at the end of your tunnel....this is what I have to offer you.....surround yourself with positive people, your hubby's love and dig deep inside yourself for more strength - it is there - this I promise..............all the best in love in life......Paula

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2003, 12:40 AM   #3

bilbostuff HB User
Viola Rose

I have felt the pain you have, and as is mentioned in the post you must do only a couple things..First..keep that hubby close, if he deserves the moon, he will stay there. I personally do not bother with the 911 thing anymore, I just flop around until I stop...I then get up, regardless of the pain, make a joke, and continue on..I have managed to lower my recoup time down to only a few hours, where supposedly I should be knocked out for a day...I refuse to let it..I do not wnat it anymore, but frankly I would rather be living..so I accept it...biten touge and all....believe it or not things will get better. It turns more into coping skills that anything else...Get that depression the heck out of their..heck a grand mal, is just our way of break dancing..Some people hold grudges, I prefer to dance, and if it is on the floor so be it...

------------------
Bilbostuff
Rock on..

Closed Thread