It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2003, 05:53 AM   #1

epilepsysucks HB User
Question Frisium??

I'm new to the board but just wondered if any of you have tried Frisium (I'm in Australia, so it may be differnt name in US)? I just started this week and am taking it twice daily with Rivitril one hour after. I had tried epilim, lamictal and rivitril together but it didn't work. I've been having injections of midezalem to stop the grand mal seizures and avoid hospital. Since the new meds, I haven't had any shots. I still have seizures, just not as bad and they usually don't need meds to stop them.

Old 02-17-2003, 09:35 AM   #2

Mickaela HB User
Smile

Hello there, I take frisium but I dont take it everyday, I only take it four days every month (around my period) when i first started taking it It made me really drowsy and giggly. Its alright but it is more of a relaxant. Epilepsy isnt that bad, you should read the posts previous about all the positve things about epilepsy. When i first got it i thought it was the end of the world but you get used to it. I used to hate the comments people made about me but eventually I realised it wasnt becasue they didnt like me but becasue they didnt understand it. therefore its other peoples ignorance that made me feel bad. Im only 17 and have had epilepsy for just over a year and a half but i havent had fits in over a year so i gues im quite lucky. What type of epilepsy do you have?

Love Kayla xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2003, 12:38 PM   #3

epilepsysucks HB User
Kayla, thanks for your response. I have seizures on a daily basis. I have complex partial seizures and grand-mal seizures as well. I was only diagnosed less than 2 years ago as well, and I'm having trouble accepting that I've lost my independence at 27. I can't drive anymore and my husband won't let me go out alone just in case. I also have 3 small kids and it's hard not being able to take them out shopping or to the park without someone else there in case I have a seizure. I know it's not the end of the world and there are people who are worse off than me, but the lack of independence is the worst part right now. I feel 27 going on 5. Anyway, the Frisium/Rivitril combo has worked the best so far, so I suppose we'll just keep messing around and see if we can't get better control. I know Frisium is sort of a trade secret among neurologists and that it's more of a last resort drug, not a first choice. At this point, I'll take whatever they feel will control the seizures so I can have my life back. My epilepsy is from a head injury a few years back. Anyway, thanks again for responding. I am working on catching up on the older posts. :0)

Beth

Closed Thread