It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2003, 04:34 PM   #1

violarose HB User
Post anybody have grandmal -_tonic seizure

last night i just had the tonic seizure - where you are mostly consious, and your body - well it was just my right side, paralizes in a weird tension position, and they last a little bit longer- 10 minutes? I didnt like it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2003, 09:21 AM   #2

iamnotmagic HB User
10 minutes? you shoulda went to the doc- that would be considered either a pseudoseizure or status. i have generalized tonic clonic but am unconscious - if mine lasts for over 2 minutes i am rushed to the er for a shot of diazapen =/ have never heard of a conscious 10 minute seizure that was not a pseudo seizure

and my normal ones last for about 20-30 seconds ictal with a longer postictal sleep

[This message has been edited by iamnotmagic (edited 02-18-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2003, 09:27 AM   #3

violarose HB User
what is that?? the word u used? i was suppose to go in, but i am sick of doctors, so i refused. i had already had a grandmal earlier in the day, i am miserable.

Old 02-18-2003, 09:45 AM   #4

violarose HB User
no it wasnt a fake one, my dog has epilepsy but she just gets in a weird position and is awake, but cant communicate, and she stiffens up/ i had my usual grand mal, but when i came out of it my right arm just refused to cooperate. and it took like 10 minutes before the tendents would relax enough to go back in normal position. it was the first time that happened.

Closed Thread