It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2003, 04:13 PM   #1

Tasha L HB User
Unhappy oh god

I went the doctor a while back. He told me that we're
running out of medicines that he thinks will work for me. there is only one more medicine we can try. Topamax
is the only option after lamictal. If topamax does'nt
work then I have to get the vns nerve implant. I'm
reaaly getting scared because I'm starting to think that I'll never get rid of this.
I don't even have a driver's license. Oklahoma
won't let me have one. It's just kind of depressing.
I feel left out. All the students in my class can drive except for me.

Old 02-13-2003, 05:43 PM   #2

violarose HB User
i am sorry i dont know your story, but we have to be positive right? I am just new on topax-ugh, cant remember the name,lol. but the T one. but your going to do great, and it will work, and one day you will be able to drive, keep looking forward, you can do it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2003, 12:48 PM   #3

johnspaziano HB User
i know what you mean tasha, it can be lonely at times. but violarose is right. we have to be positive. so i have some good news for you (or atleast it si meant to be good news) i have teh VNS implant. i was very nervous about getting it as well. but i was just having so much trouble wiht all my meds taht i had to do something. after a while it has become really effective. you should realy think about it. it could get you off the strong meds. it has allowed me to really cut back. i know it takes a leap of faith to get it, but (at least for me) it has been really successful. and remember, try and look at the positive side of everything.

john

Old 02-18-2003, 02:38 PM   #4

MMerya HB User
I feel your frustration! Today, as I had a friend drive me to the store, I noticed all the nutty drivers with their cellphones attached to their ears, and Big Macs filling their faces... it was enough to make me ill! What about the little old ladies who can't walk much less see over the dashboard... and the drunk drivers that get permission to drive to and from work.... all these people are permitted to drive... and with my one time, unexplainable seizure, am now denied the simple freedom of being able to come and go as I please... a freedom that I of course took for granted! Somehow it doesn't seem fair!!

Old 02-18-2003, 04:35 PM   #5

simeone HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by MMerya:
I feel your frustration! Today, as I had a friend drive me to the store, I noticed all the nutty drivers with their cellphones attached to their ears, and Big Macs filling their faces... it was enough to make me ill! What about the little old ladies who can't walk much less see over the dashboard... and the drunk drivers that get permission to drive to and from work.... all these people are permitted to drive... and with my one time, unexplainable seizure, am now denied the simple freedom of being able to come and go as I please... a freedom that I of course took for granted! Somehow it doesn't seem fair!!
Hi There
I feel frustrated to when I see people taking on there cell phone or drunk diver and we are not permitted to drive for a whole year without a seizure. I am going to get my licence back in April if I am lucky and don't get a seizure before that. I don't think is't fair either.Good Luck and Take Care.

Old 02-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #6

tamaraslam HB User
Lightbulb

Have you tried Trileptil? Keppra? Ketogenic Diet? I have heard good reports about the VNS. Good luck!

Tami

Closed Thread