It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2003, 05:32 PM   #1
(female)

Rebecca's Mom HB User
Post A change of venue decreases seizures?????

Hi - I have noticed that when my daughter Rebecca is in a cycle of seizing and we take her elsewhere for the weekend ....her seizures decrease. Its like a change of place changes her cycle of seizing. Its the same when we go to a cottage or a friends for the weekend - has anyone experienced this???????Big time thanks......Paula

Old 02-19-2003, 10:29 PM   #2

violarose HB User
mine is the reverse, : (maybe I notice it more, because it is always embarrasing in public?? good luck to your daughter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2003, 08:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Do you know what your daughters triggers are? Many things can affect them including altitude, being tired, change in diet. If she is eating differently than normal, getting less sleep in a new place or at a higher altitude this could explain. Just a thought.

Old 02-22-2003, 04:03 PM   #4
(female)

Rebecca's Mom HB User
Hi - no after 18 years of trying to "figure out what triggers Rebecca's seizures" - I have pretty much given up........it can be the kind of thing also where she is somewhere else and seizing and we bring her home and she is fine - new people in her life like to try and figure it out too - I let them out of respect, but they eventually give up and we have a good chuckle about it.........Paula

Old 02-23-2003, 06:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
We have only been at this 4 years or so, and we do not know all his triggers either. SOmetimes things will trigger then the next time he will be fine. Just be there for her, and take care of her when they hit. Glad she has ok times when she goes places!!

Old 02-24-2003, 08:59 PM   #6

pineapple35 HB User
Does your daughter get anxious at home. I used to get very anxious on days that were bad, especially if I was going through a cluster. One of my triggers is anxiety. It's good that she can go places though. Good luck.

Old 03-02-2003, 04:01 PM   #7
(female)

Rebecca's Mom HB User
Hi - no she doesn't get anxious at home. She functions at @age 4 and seems to not worry about a thing - lucky her - we do all that for her. Just got back from the hospital. We could not stop her seizures even with rectal ativan, so hooked her up to a dilantin iv and hopefully that will break the cycle. Things always get worse before they get better and - they change and change and change. Love Rebecca buckets full for sure.......Paula

Closed Thread