It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2003, 06:52 AM   #1

photo1257 HB User
Post Exercise induced seizures and length of seizure?

My 16 yr. old daughter was recently diagnosed with epilepsy. She only has seizures during explosive exercise drills. We have had cardiology workups, etc. and it was recently determined by the neurologist at the Children's hospital that her seizures are brought on by explosive exercise. Also, the episodes last from 5- 25 minutes. That seems to be very unusual. Anyone else with exercise induced seizures and how long do they last?

Old 04-25-2003, 10:49 PM   #2

kipp77 HB User
Photo,

I used to love to play racquetball, but every time I played I would have a Grand Mal seizure so I finally gave it up. There was an obvious connection. Not being able to "overexhert <sp>" is just another one of the reasons why E sucks!

Good luck with your Daughter...

- kipp77

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2003, 07:38 AM   #3

HawkFan1502 HB User
I would have petit mal seizures sometimes when I would be active in sports. I don't know if it has to do with me being nervous about maybe having one or what. I didn't have a full blown seizure until last fall, but I also think that it had to do with the additional stress that I was under at the that time. Good luck.
Barb

Old 04-26-2003, 02:25 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
I notice when I work if its really heavy items I'm lifting or moving at an extremely fast pace I'm more prone to having a seizure during that day! The hard part for me is slowing down. I love my job and I like the exercise it gives me, so at some point I need to figure out how to slow it down a couple of paces!

I do have some that last longer like your daughters. I have had one of my spells lasting three hours. I had one at work that lasted around two hours. Doctors aren't concerned though. As long as I do regain consionious(sp) between my seizures they say I'm fine. I usually have a seizure, fall asleep, wake up(can't really say I know whats going on at that point but I'm aware), then another round will set in. I don't always have them like that, I can have one at a timeand that be it for a few days. Don't like it to be routine or anything!haha

Good luck!
Lisa

[This message has been edited by Lisa T (edited 04-26-2003).]

Closed Thread