It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2003, 11:59 PM   #1

vanilla fudge HB User
Post why did my temporal lobe seizures stop?

hi everyone. i remember my seizures (or as I called them "awake dreams") starting in high school. the scary deja-vu feeling would start and the little dream sequence would run through my head which consisted of old memories of no rhyme or reason (I was able to grab a pencil once and write down the thoughts running through my mind and when I read it later it was just meaningless words, even the color "yellow".) and it would end with me feeling like I had to vomit and with a pounding headache. This was in 1987. Through the following years I'd have maybe two seizures a year but then about a year after having my first baby in 1992 the seizures became fairly frequent. I was diagnosed and prescribed Tegretol which I never had filled due to the fact that I'm completely aware during my seizures and no one around me would ever know I'm having one. I can even carry on a forced conversation if the need be. Well, for some reason after the horrible year of 1992 my seizures slowed down and then just dead stopped. I haven't had a full-blown one for eight years. Sometimes I'll feel the old familiar deja-vu aura coming on (even at one point today) and I get scared and brace myself but then the entire seizure doesn't follow through. Could the glitch in my brain have actually repaired itself? Or are those little "teases" I still feel occasionally actually small seizures in itself? Any ideas or comments on this type of seizure disorder would be appreciated! Thank you and sorry for such a loooong post!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2003, 05:28 AM   #2
Inactive

Karla HB User
I don't know why they stop for some people. I had been suffering from E for 28 years. They were alway mild seizures where I would stare, have time to sit down, talk spacey, etc. You wouldn't know I was having one unless I told you. I was having 30 small seizures a day. Then the last year I started having grand mal seizures. The last siezure I had was for 45 min. I bit through my toungue. I went to church and had an evangilist pray for me for a complete healing from E. I have been seizure free and off meds since that date 10 years ago this June. I choose to believe it was God that stopped mine. You can believe what you want to.

Old 05-28-2003, 06:49 AM   #3
Inactive

KittyMom HB User
Exclamation

Yes Vanilla, those deja vous are actual seizures. I have them too right before my seizures. They frighten me so bad but it is funny cause when they are done they don't seem that bad. I go out for my seizures. I am awake but I am zoned out so to speak. I can't remember what had happened to me.

Yes, those are seizures. The deja vous are called, "Simple Partial Seizures" or "Auras".

God Bless you and I wish you the best,

KittyMom

Old 05-29-2003, 09:21 PM   #4

vanilla fudge HB User
Thank you for your helpful replies! I'm blown away by the fact that my aura feeling is actually a little seizure in itself. I think I just might post a question about it to see if anyone else only gets that feeling and then the seizure doesn't come after it. Thanks again and best wishes!

Closed Thread