It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2003, 09:53 AM   #1

Riker1964 HB User
Post Head "Vibrations"

I am wondering if anyone has this trouble and has any diagnosis been made. I have been having what I call head or brain "vibrations". It feels like my brain vibrates or bounces around in my skull and on the back of my head down the neck a little. These things happen on and off almost every day, but I notice them more when I am driving on the Interstate - when I hit bumps in the road.

I commute 40 minutes to/from work, then all day on and off after the drive, I feel them. Not bad, but definitely noticeable. Sometimes I get a very slight nausea feeling with them.

When I have not driven in a couple days, they are like gone. They almost seem like tiny seizures but I am always aware, no loss of memory, no drifting off, etc. Very hard to explain.

Thanx for any input.

Old 07-31-2003, 05:26 PM   #2
Veteran

momof3mjt HB User
You should probably see your doctor, but keep in mind that you don' lose concious or memory with all seizures. Depends on the kind of seizure it is and the severity of it.

Good luck to you.
Lindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2003, 09:38 PM   #3

emmy_mommy7102 HB User
I agree with mom! you should talk to your dr right away! Sounds like you could be having seizures, I get the same feeling sometimes! And if he keeps blowing you off then keep on him! If he still won't listen, then I would go to another dr if possible!

Old 09-01-2003, 03:02 PM   #4

camhard HB User
i have had very similar experiences, usually when i am tired or doing things that require constant attention. they come on very suddenly and only last for a couple of seconds.i usually shake my head and it goes but leaves me feeling very weak and dizzy. i have also noticed my speech can be slightly affected and my concentration level is difficult to maintain for at least a couple of ours after an episode, does this sound familiar too you?.also i was a heavy marijuana smoker for three years and wonder if it has anything to do with that.

Old 09-01-2003, 03:40 PM   #5
Inactive

KittyMom HB User
Yes, please see your doc right away. To me it sounds like migrains. I am not a doc but that is what a friend of mine describes to me and she has migrains without the pain. Strange I know but that is a real happening. Ask your doc about migrains without pain. Look up some info on the net. But whatever you do, do not let this go....See your doc.

God Bless you Hon,
KittyMom

------------------
Mother of 3 beautiful kids and wife to a Great husband! I love helping others...it helps me grow!

Old 09-01-2003, 04:07 PM   #6

Riker1964 HB User
I saw my doc and he doesn't think I need to see a Neurologist. He thinks it is all sinus/allergy related at this point.

Old 09-01-2003, 04:42 PM   #7

Cordy HB User
Doctors are all a bunch of ****** geniouses. Two neurologists I spoke to after surviving a horrible car accident let me go for six years without telling me that I had epilepsy: I lived with that "horror movie feeling" sometimes a few times a day, sometimes just onse a week until at 21 I had a gran mal. That's when the **** really hit the fan, so to speak. So the two of you questioning whether you have or dont have epilepsy, be careful! and talk to several doctors if you can.

Closed Thread