It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User
Question Simple Partial Seizure question

So, I realized that I've never really done much research on the kind of seizures I have because when I had my Gran Mal seizure 6 years ago, I was too afraid for a long time, and wanted to just forget I even had Epilepsy.
And my doctor doesn't really tell me much about my own seizures.
So my only knowledge on Epilepsy comes from this board, basically.
So, I just decided to actually do some research on simple partial seizures, which is what I have, with exception to the one gran mal seizure, and it looks like I have both motor and sensory simple partial seizures. But the thing is, one website said that simple complex seizures last a short time- usually less than 2 minutes. But the thing is, mine always last at least 15 minutes, and can last as long as 2 or 3 hours. Sometimes they've gone on for longer. I notice it the most with my motor seizures. I mean, the right side of my body will shake and jerk for up to 3 hours at a time... My doctor has never said this sounds strange, but this is the second time that I've read on the internet that simple partial seizures should only last a couple of minutes at most.
So why do mine last so long? Can it be that I'm getting these seizures one after another for a period of up to a few hours with no break in between the seizures so it just feels like one long one?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread