It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
(female)

tms HB User
Simple Partial Seizures

This goes out to everyone who this affects. I have Simple Partial Seizures and I was wondering if anyone has been seizure free and if so what kind of medicine are you on. I am on Keppra and I still have them according my parents they have gotten better but i was just wondering what others were like and what type of meds your taking.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
(male)

mandrew HB User
Re: Simple Partial Seizures

Tms, I started having seizures about a year and a half ago. I was taking Trileptal and Keppra which took care of the seizures. Then I saw another neurologist and he thought Keppra alone would do the trick so I tapered off the Trileptal. I haven't had any more seizures, but I am feeling very tired and fatigued now. I am going to see another neurologist next month because I would like to try Trileptal without the Keppra as I think Keppra has some bad side effects for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
(male)

mandrew HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francila121 View Post
They don't work, but after 20 years dealing with this S@*# I'm undergoing surgery next month, this will completely stop the spells.. It depends on what part of your brain they are located but most people get this operation now and it makes miracles. U can ask your doctor or change meds till you find one that helps your seizures... Good luck to u
Can you elaborate on this surgery you are having? Did you have a CT scan or MRI that showed the area(s) of the brain that are causing your seizures?

Thanks for any help.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:41 AM   #4
(female)

lamac HB User

Morning,
I have simple partial seizures...I think they are under control but I do have some things happen at night...maybe they are seizures...maybe not. I had what may have been a focal seizure the other day...I don't know for sure. In the past 30 years I have had more simple patials than I could count and about 5 or 6 grand mal seizures. That is a long stretch of time. The meds I am on now seem to work the best.....Keppra 1000mg and Trileptal 950mg.

Lamac

Old 03-16-2007, 07:15 AM   #5
(female)

jokealca HB User

Although mine are not simple partial (I've only had Grandmal) I took a combo of Keppra (3000 mgs day) and Lamictal (400mgs Day) After 3 years I am only on 200 mgs of Lamictal and Haven't had 1 seizure since I started taking Lamictal.

Good Luck

Old 03-16-2007, 08:54 AM   #6
(male)

IMNRVUS HB User

I had untreated simple partial seizures for quite a few years before my gran mal's started in 2001. I've been on dilantin since. Only 300mg/day seems to help the best with both types of seizures I have.
Sinus trouble/sleep apnea was the major cause of the 8 gran mal's I've had. Stress seems to be the only thing that starts the simple partials up again. I haven't had simple partials for a long time until this week when I found myself under a lot of unexpected stress. Sometimes the simple partials feel like panic attacks.
Ativan helps control the emotions that come with both of them. I take 1/2mg as needed for that.

Last edited by IMNRVUS; 03-16-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Closed Thread