It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
(male)

Damainevent3 HB User
i think i have partial motor seizures..help!!!!

hi everyone iam new to this site and i think i have partial motor seizures but iam not sure.i have this thing and i dont know what it is...i get this tightness in my arm and leg. it makes me weird. it makes my hands curl up and my toes curl. it also affects my head. i move my neck in a weird position. they are like mini convulsions or a seizure. very mini i should say because they dont last more then like 15-30 seconds. i tend to get them when iam sitting down and i get up. or when someone says my name and calls me to them i tend to get it. i also get it when i walk sometimes. its quite annoying and embarising. i know it sounds very weird but i dont know what it is. also when i tend to eat healthy it goes away. when i eat alot of sugar and liek soda and stuff, it comes back. i have been looking for more then a year to find out what this is..please somebody who has a clue or sumthing..please help me out it would be much apreciated....

Old 08-14-2007, 07:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User
Re: i think i have partial motor seizures..help!!!!

Hi,
It sounds very much like my simple partial seizures. They started much like that- very small, shaking on one side of my body that made me walk with a limp for a few minutes. When they got worse, it felt like the muscles in my neck would grab, and my head and shoulder would try to meet each other a bunch of times, and then I would be fie after a few seconds. They got a lot worse and happened very often, though, after a few years until a simple partial seizure generalized into a gran mal.
Now I'm on meds and just get the simple partials a couple times a month. They always last for a really long time, though. Sometimes up to a few hours where my leg is shaking- but not noticable if I'm not trying to use my leg (if I'm sitting or lying down), but I can feel it.
You should definitely see a neurologist, though. They can do an MRI and EEG to see if there is any seizure activity in your brain, or anything abnormal, structurally.
Also, you say that it's worse when you eat a lot of sugar. Seizures can be caused by hypo- or hyper glycemia.

Last edited by SentenceDoing; 08-14-2007 at 07:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User

Sounds like an EEG and neuro eval are definitely in order. That might help you along with MRIs or CTs if you can't have MRIs. A video EEG sounds like it would be beneficial also.....

Old 08-14-2007, 11:45 PM   #4
(male)

Damainevent3 HB User

thank you guys for the help. honestly iam scared to visit the doctor. iam scared what they are going to say. i have another question. could this turn into full seizures? and me having epilepsy for the rest of my life? because this scares me..let me know thanks guys

Old 08-15-2007, 07:33 AM   #5
(female)

dogmom HB Userdogmom HB User

Well, we're not doctors so we can't tell you whether or not you are experiencing partial seizures and if you are, whether or not they'll generalize. You really need to see your primary care physician and get a referral to a neurologist. It's scary, I know, but not knowing is even scarier! Hang in there!

Old 08-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
(female)

dvweez HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentenceDoing View Post
Hi,
It sounds very much like my simple partial seizures. They started much like that- very small, shaking on one side of my body that made me walk with a limp for a few minutes. When they got worse, it felt like the muscles in my neck would grab, and my head and shoulder would try to meet each other a bunch of times, and then I would be fie after a few seconds. They got a lot worse and happened very often, though, after a few years until a simple partial seizure generalized into a gran mal.
Now I'm on meds and just get the simple partials a couple times a month. They always last for a really long time, though. Sometimes up to a few hours where my leg is shaking- but not noticable if I'm not trying to use my leg (if I'm sitting or lying down), but I can feel it.
You should definitely see a neurologist, though. They can do an MRI and EEG to see if there is any seizure activity in your brain, or anything abnormal, structurally.
Also, you say that it's worse when you eat a lot of sugar. Seizures can be caused by hypo- or hyper glycemia.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
(female)

dvweez HB User

I have refractory partial motor seizures also. I get them a couple times a month. My seizures are only on right side (I surgery on a brain tumor on the left side). I begin by a aura feeling in my foot..then followed by a mild jerking up to my shoulder. It progresses to a hard jerking before stopping. They last about 3 minutes. I also have pulsations and a electrical feelings in my leg a couple days before a seizure starts.
Everyone is different. I saw a neuro doc and went through EEG's before I was diagnosed.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #8
(male)

Damainevent3 HB User

and also i have yet another question..now iam starting to get panic attacks like almost everyday.. i feel liek iam dying, shortness of breath, veryy lightnheaded..to the point of me feeling like iam about 2 faint..idk whats going on..some one help again plz

Old 08-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #9
(male)

Damainevent3 HB User

and also i have yet another question..now iam starting to get panic attacks like almost everyday.. i feel liek iam dying, shortness of breath, veryy lightnheaded..to the point of me feeling like iam about 2 faint..idk whats going on..some one help again plz

Old 08-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #10
(male)

Damainevent3 HB User

Old 08-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User

Sometimes seizures can cause similar symptoms. Keep telling yourself you've been through it before, and were ok, and will be ok this time. Also tell your doc. Have you started any new meds that could cause panic symptoms?

Old 08-31-2007, 10:13 AM   #12
(male)

Damainevent3 HB User

na i havent gone to see a doctor yet...they jus happen

Old 08-31-2007, 03:00 PM   #13
(male)

vki77 HB User

Hi
I think most importantly do not delay
set up an MRI / CT scan so you know what ure dealing with - better safe

Old 08-31-2007, 04:12 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User

Definitely- get to a doctor, and get these things diagnosed and treated- no need to deal with them if meds will help

Closed Thread