It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
(female)

Kimwwe HB User
EEG question- somewhat new to seizures

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knows or heard of the EEG showing sharp waves in the left side of the brain? So I asked the Doctor (which I am changing) "so does that mean I can get another seizure?" and he just said "yeah", no explainations or anything. I was just curious if that means there is a seizure disorder or can it go away. He gave me med's after my first one and I went off of them because I got a rash. So I got a second grand-mal, was put back on a different med. but it made me so Zombie like (friends at work would actually look and see my head almost on the keyboard, I couldn't stay awake so I went off myself because, again, the doctor did not do anything about it. So now I am not going to another Neuro Doctor until August 31st. Just wondering if anyone has heard of that EEG diagnosis before. Thank you!!!

Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User
Re: EEG question- somewhat new to seizures

My 24 hour EEG about 22 years ago showed slow sharps on the right frontotemporal area, consistent with complex partial seizures. Since then, it seems that there is some spreading since my left arm becomes rigid now. I'm out of it, so I don't know any more than I'm told.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread