It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 06:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User
Exclamation Just an FYI if your symptoms have changed

It's possible to have seizures change, or increase in the types you have- no question there...

The other night, I had some major speech changes, unsteadiness, and couldn't swallow. I had to call an ambulance- which I hate, and it ended up I was having a 'pre stroke', or TIA- transient ischemic attack. If you question what's going on, get it checked out, especially if you have multiple disorders, and are on medications that should already be preventing this....(on the meds from the blood clots in my lungs in April- may be some are cutting loose, and parking in my brain....).

My doc is sending the required referral form to the neuro, to get me in to be seen re: headaches (makes sense with pre-stroke), seizure increase (makes sense with pre stroke), and evaluate meds for any changes needed. My blood pressure tends to run very low, but the med that is doing that is one I need to keep my heart from beating too fast or irregularly (option: pacemaker, since other meds have failed).

I'm bummed I've never heard of anyone have one TIA-- usually it's a series of them, over varying lengths of time, until the 'big one'. I fear being vegetative more than dying.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sherri5186 HB User
Re: Just an FYI if your symptoms have changed

Hi Neuro,

I am sorry to hear all of what has happened to you,hope you
are feeling better,and everything turns out okay.
Just last month my neuro. ordered me to have an MRI and on that
order she had listed stroke stenosis and TIA.My MRI came back fine.
I use to think that you would always know if you had a stroke,because
you would be unconcious for days and could leave you paralyzed,but,
I found out then that you can have a stroke and never even realize it.

Good-luck,I hope all turns out well for you.Sorry to hear about your
ER visit. Take care,Sherri

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread