It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #1
(female)

Kimwwe HB User
Very weird feeling,dont know if related to seizure disorder!!!

Hi,
I have a question on how people feel sometimes. Unfortunately, I'm not on my seizure medication now. But an example was Friday I had half a day of work. I was feeling kind of out there and "fuzzy". My husband and I went to the store and then he dropped me off at home to go to the football game. Well the whole day I just was not feeling normal. After a while, it seemed like that morning was so long ago, almost like it was the day before, and it took me a while to think of everything we did in general. I only had 2 grand-mal seizures before but never any other type of seizures that I know of. Does that sound like anything familiar or is it more of an anxiety feeling. I just hate that feeling because thats pretty much how I felt when I got the other seizures. anyone ever feel that way?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User
Re: Very weird feeling,dont know if related to seizure disorder!!!

I felt like this once a few years ago. I had been taking Tegretol for a couple of years after having 1 gran mal seizure and repeated simple partial seizures. I was on vacation with my family, and my simple partial seizures were basically nonstop for a week straight. One of those days, I felt like I could fully function physically (well, besides the annoying shaking), but mentally, I was feeling very "fuzzy". I remember everything from that day, but it all seemed like a dream. and still does when I think about that day.
Shortly after, my neuro added Keppra.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2007, 11:12 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lisaontheloose HB User

Hi,
That sounds very much like you are having "aura" activitiy. I understand that you can have the auras without having the seizure activity itself. I have migraines and sometimes will have a full day without ever getting the migraine itself. Usually my migraine meds will work for the aura as well.

Lisa

Old 08-20-2007, 04:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I have had this feeling for over a year. I feel like I am in a dream. Brain fog.

I was treated for panic disorder until a month ago when a new doctor diagnosed me as having seizures from results of an EEG. Other doctor's put me on SSRI's and I though that that was why i was feeling like this.

finally on Keppra and hoping this will go away soon.

Last edited by j2006; 08-20-2007 at 04:03 PM.

Closed Thread