It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
do you have auras b/4 a seizure

Would you describe how you feel b/4 your seizure? I think it would help me to know what others experience. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
(female)

Sk8ter Girl 23 HB User
Re: do you have auras b/4 a seizure

Hi Sammie 2 nice to meet you. Yes I do have auras before a seizure. It took me 16 years to figure out how to desribe mine and I wish I never did. My auras is an echoing sound. For example when your in a restruant and you have a lot of backround noise and everything gets loud and quiet and loud again. I have to talk to myself to make sure my own voice isn't echoing because then I know I have a seizure coming on. I am thankful for it though because I know some who don't and just have a seizure with no warning. So I guess I look at that as a good thing. What's yours like?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User

I usually have a funny/weird feeling in the pit of my stomach but for the last couple years things have changed. I am usually feeling good & then a feeling comes over me like I am about to remember an event of long ago or go into a fantasy or dream. I know what is going on around me but not clearly. I have had phone conversations while this was happening & know who I'm talking to but I still have the feeling I'm in a dream. It only lasts a moment but I feel very shakey (from stress) & usually have a headache on one side & feel like I have fluid in my ear. I told you it was strange. When it first started happening I felt as if I was going to loose consciousness. At first I thought it was related to my Meniere's disease (inner ear fluid) or migraines but now I'm getting worried since I can't find anyone with these symptoms. Sorry this so long. thanks for your reply.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Sherri5186 HB User

I get this feeling like my brain is about to burst
out of my head.I feel it in my eyes also.

Thank God for the auras,I sometimes do get them
and sometimes I don't.

Take care,Sherri

Old 08-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User

Yes, I have auras- they're an indescribable feeling in my mid-chest. It's not painful, but very definite. It usually happens about 3-6 minutes before I go into the complex part of the seizure, and don't remember what goes on.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

remtana HB User

I get them, and mine can happen 24 hours or more before a seizure. I feel drunk or like I took a heavy pain killer. Limbs feel heavy, I slur a little bit. I usually can still function fine. I just don't move as smoothly as usual.

I get auras all the time, with NO seizure. That happens most of the time when I have an aura.

Closed Thread