It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
(female)

Sk8ter Girl 23 HB User
Unhappy Getting Cold Feet When It Comes To Game Time

My surgery is 26 days and in one way it feels so far away and in another it seems so close. I'm having two surgerys done, the first they put like a EEG machine on your brain and you wait for 3 seizures before the next surgery to take the machine out and fix the problem. It will take anywhere from 4-8 weeks in the hospital to have all this done. I have a four year and I am going to miss her like crazy. I feel like in one way I'm taking her mommy away and I'm being selfish by doing this. In another way I feel like I need to TRY to fix this to keep up with her. I'm confused on how to feel. I'm also scared to have this done. I have had a brain surgery done before but that was 16 years ago. Any suggestions????

Old 08-23-2007, 05:31 AM   #2
(female)

lamb HB User
Re: Getting Cold Feet When It Comes To Game Time

sk8ter Girl 23, Don't worry about not being there for your DD for that short of time. My mom passed away when I was 8 & it, in affect, didn't really 'hurt' me till I hit puberty & wanted to ask 'female stuff'. Hun, I have a feeling you are thinking it will hurt her, as reason to yourself to maybe not have the opperation, you might be hoping to 'say' 'Janie can't be without her mommy so I shouldn't go' (cuz you are sorta fearful).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
(female)

Sk8ter Girl 23 HB User

Hey Lamb,
I guess as a mom thats along time to be without your child. Do you have children? It's hard being a mom and having a health problem like this. I'm having a hard time keeping up with them both and I'm really getting scared and getting cold feet. It wasn't like this the first time around. Thanks for the support. Keep in touch. TTFN (ta ta for now)
Sk8ter Girl 23

Old 08-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User

Im not a mother either, but i had my surgery four months ago so I could become one next year. it will b hard at first the recup period, but not impossible, ur children should b an inspiration for ur second surgery n ur healing process. Your going to b fine, n they will still b around u all the way. This type of surgery is major and life changing, but for the better!! If i had to do it again, I would! I love knowing that I will never have a seizure again and that I will have a family that can count on me. Ur still young n strong, and ur heal fast promise, I'm your age and I did it, so u will too... I'll b praying 4 u

Old 09-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #5
(female)

Sk8ter Girl 23 HB User

030free,
Thank you so much that has been the best thing someone on the outside of my family has said to me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. My day is coming soon, 9 days till my surgery. September 17th at 7:30am please keep praying for me because I am getting a lot of mixed emotions inside. Thank you again and please keep in touch.
Sk8ter Girl 23

Old 09-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
(female)

lamb HB User

It's me again Sk8ter Girl 23. I have two children, a boy & a girl who are now 21 & 18 and a half. (I have had epilepsy for over 35 yrs). To have an opperation might be good for you & your DD, in that you perhaps could do more for her (them). Can you drive? I can't. I once went to a room alone & cried thinking, 'if it weren't for this epilepsy I could drive Lisa to ice skating lessons, like she would love?' If I had had an opperation & it helped my epilepsy, I could do more. I had to walk her to school when she was 5 one day cuz she didn't want to go do to separation anxiety (her daddy was out of town working all week) It was snowing, blowing & cold. (Don't think 'well let her stay home'. If I did she might think she could whenever). I just thought of a commercial I saw for the local epilepsy center. It said "epilepsy effects everyone". It does if you think about it. When she was 17 she was taking me someplace in her car & we were late. Thus she was late for her date. My not driving due to epilepsy, effected her & her date too. An opperation could be very good.

Closed Thread