It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
(female)

tiino HB User
anyone feel jittery on zonegran?

I have been on zonegran for about 6 weeks and it has been working pretty well, i felt a little groggy for about the first two weeks. But now the last week or so i have been feeling very jittery and anxious like i have had about twenty cups of coffee, which i have not! Just wondering if anyone else has had any similar side effects, any feedback would be helpful. tino

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: anyone feel jittery on zonegran?

In that time you should be up to full dose; based on my past experience with it.

Have you been monitering your weight at least on a weekly basis? Z (sorry, my shorthand for Zonegran) is well known for (causing) weightloss. In my case, when I was on it with 3 other meds it dropped my weight by 25% and caused another med's levels to become high (because of the weight loss). It was the effects of that other med that I felt, not Zonegran. However being that I had just started Z, that was the most likely suspect to point to. When I weighed myself I was shocked to see the weight that had been lost. The weight loss explained the toxicity from the other med.

After dropping Z and still being toxic, I went in for levels. Thats when we found out what my problem was and reduced the problamatic med slightly and the issues went away.

When ever I hear of a patient on Z I recomend monitering weight so there isn't a signifigent loss that may contribute to possible problems.

However, to your main question, NO. In the very short time I was on Z I did not have that problem. I never made it up to my destination dose of 400mg/day. So I am not a good person to hand out advice on Zonegran.

--Travis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread