It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User
Anybody else just "know" it's a bad day???

Even before any auras, or anything, sometimes I'll wake up knowing that it's not a day to leave home or make plans. I can't explain it, but it's a definite feeling. Some days, I'll end up having seizures, and other days I think they end up not happening since I'm at home, and have 'unstressed' my surroundings as much as possible. Sometimes that includes turning off the phone and answering machine, not getting on the computer, limiting TV (not from photosensitivity, but over stimulation), etc. I'll generally take an as needed Ativan, if I think about it, and either read, or just rest and listen to music that's soothing.

I've read about 'prodromal' feelings, that are not auras, but begin much farther away from any seizures. I still get the auras those days if I have a seizure, but I'll get a weird feeling that all is not well hours before that.

My co-workers used to tell me I was really grouchy on days before I had seizures, but they didn't tell me until afterwards. They knew to look out for my safety, but later would tell me I was ornery and jumped at little things. At home alone, it's just a feeling of "not right"......

Old 08-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: Anybody else just "know" it's a bad day???

Overcast/bad weather and moodyness along with bad news will put me in that gear. Non seizure related it's called SAD Seasional Affective Disorder. Less sunlight, shorter days causes a depression like symptom in the late fall/winter.

No I can't gather when I'll have a seizure or not prior to it occuring. In the past, I was having a great day for once. I found out why when I got home at night. I forgot to take my morning meds out of the tray... I wasn't overmedicated so I felt great for once with the med levels being lower in my system (NEVER DO THAT). Ended up having a seizure because of my mistake later that night.

Some days I just wake up feeling ... a word I can't type on here... a bad mood. Usually those days are rough, but I don't have seizures usually. I won't even open my door I feel like being left alone. The NeXT day I'll feel back to normal, whatever that may be. And head out if I need to run around town.

--Travis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User
Re: Anybody else just "know" it's a bad day???

Mine are generally related to seizures (inside of cheeks chewed, sore, etc)... or if I calm down enough, and take the Ativan, I don't get the auras or seizures. But I don't remember a day that I've had a seizure that looking back, I didn't have that weird feeling hours before.

Closed Thread