It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 06:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Can't deal with this!!!

i am having a heard time the past few days. Feeling anxious all the time about having another seizure. My dr's think they are due to a sleeping disorder. On a CPAP but having a hard time with the mask. I am very emotional, crying all the time and and i just don't feel like i used to . I feel like I am in dream all the time - one big fog.

I know that this medication is not helping any - Keppra - 500 twice daily - I just want to get on a medication that makes me feel normal - like i used to.

I do have panic disorder so that is not helping any. I have put on some 30 pounds that I can't seem to shed any. I used to be very fit and I worked out 6 days a week and now I feel like a big lump. I just feel awful. Low temp the past few days. Could this be Keppra?

I guess i need to get on a different medication?

Sorry for the long post I just need to vent!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
(female)

nerfmom HB User
Re: Can't deal with this!!!

I think that one of the side effects of the Keppra is chills or the feeling of being cold. It will pass. If the Keppra controls your seizures, it may be worth some of the side effects. That is between you and your doctor to decide. How much Keppra are you taking? Are you taking other meds for your seizures as well?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

Just the Keppra. 500 twice daily. I started out at 250 twice daily for a month and then increased. I have been at the 500 dose for about a month. I also take klonopin as needed.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Sherri5186 HB User

Hi j2006,

A few years back when I was first put on Keppra and was on
3000 mg. daily,I did gain a little weight.
Sorry to hear that you are having problems with being so emotional
and crying alot.I never had crying spells due to the Keppra.
I know we are all different,but,I definitely like the Ativan better than
the Klonopin for anxiety.I hope you are feeling better.

Take care,Sherri

Old 09-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
(female)

bevin 30 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2006 View Post
i am having a heard time the past few days. Feeling anxious all the time about having another seizure. My dr's think they are due to a sleeping disorder. On a CPAP but having a hard time with the mask. I am very emotional, crying all the time and and i just don't feel like i used to . I feel like I am in dream all the time - one big fog.

I know that this medication is not helping any - Keppra - 500 twice daily - I just want to get on a medication that makes me feel normal - like i used to.

I do have panic disorder so that is not helping any. I have put on some 30 pounds that I can't seem to shed any. I used to be very fit and I worked out 6 days a week and now I feel like a big lump. I just feel awful. Low temp the past few days. Could this be Keppra?

I guess i need to get on a different medication?

Sorry for the long post I just need to vent!
Hello my name is bevin and if you feel that the keppra is not helping you anymore than you need to talk with your neurologist about switiching to another med to control your seizures with the what sounds like the sever side effects of sad emotions all the time. Medicines are not suppose to make you feel awful they are supposed to help treat the problem with as little side effects as possible. Help with the panic disorder can ease the situation with the seizure by relieving stress from the panic disorder. good luck hope things work out well for you. wishing you all the best.

Closed Thread