It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
(female)

hyperactive609 HB User
*im new*

I was just reading all the posts about Seizures/epilepsy...and i wanted to do some reading because i just got denied my SSD and i wanted to know if anyone else had gotten denied or approved ....i also had seen that some people have anxiety and panic attacks so i am also confused as to if that has to do with seizures or not.....so its seems as if i am learning more about my condition as i go which i am not totally for sure which kind of seizures i have..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #2
(female)

bevin 30 HB User
Re: *im new*

hello hyperactive my name is bevin who is writing to you from new jersey and you need to talk to someone who is well caught up on the soscial security diability laws because you should not have been denied that service you requested. Ask your neurologist which type of seizures you have because there are several types. You have tonic clonic with body convulsion or seizures with lose of concentration and lose of conscience. Anxiety can be a seperate symptom form the seizure or a symptom that occurs when the seizure happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
(female)

hyperactive609 HB User

ok thank you

Old 09-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User

In the majority of cases, first round is denied; there are rare cases that get approved. The main item the applicant needs to do is keep the case active by filling out the one sheet to have an appeal. You have 30 days after recieving notice of outcome to do this.

First appeal is a second worker goes over the same material.

You still have (is it 2 or 3?) more appeals left on the original filing until it is considered dead in the water. You can always REFILE using a newer date for when (you claim) disability started. The main point is keep this case alive.

I had to hire a lawyer to help me win, but the backpay I was awarded made it worth it. Had I kept my original application alive and not ignored the process I would have recieved more... But I did not know the system as well back then, nor did I have a lawyer.

Documentation is a huge help. I had years of seizure logs, that helped my case. A handfull of ER visits and those reports. As well as being maxed to nearly maxed on meds helped me qualify. Showing a history of changing medications also was a benefit in my case.

With SocSec it's case by case... Seizure Frequency IS one of the criteria if deciding is a person should be awarded. Also the amount of medication they are on, how or if the medication has an effect on them. There are multiple gradients that can help you or hurt you in qualifying. Can the person still work... you start to understand.

--Travis

Closed Thread