It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
(female)

tiino HB User
pressure on top of head feeling??

Hi everyone~ I started getting these odd episodes back in April, they just came out of the blue. I get this weird jolt of a startled feeling and then comes the pressure on top of my head or in my head and then i get a very lightheaded feeling like i am on the verge of passing out. It has a few other things in there like funny out of body feel and weird sensation in my stomach ect. this lasts for about 30 seconds or so and then starts to fade, it happens several times a day. Leaves me a little shaky and weak but then back to normal till the next one hits. The worst is if i am talking to someone, i feel like i can't even talk while it is going on. I went to the dr and he referred me to neuro who ran eeg and mri both came back normal but he still dx me with simple partial seizures. I guess i am just wondering if anyone else had similar symptoms, i know these things can be quite unique. I would love to hear if anyone can relate. thanks for listening toni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
(female)

loveslight57 HB User
Re: pressure on top of head feeling??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiino View Post
Hi everyone~ I started getting these odd episodes back in April, they just came out of the blue. I get this weird jolt of a startled feeling and then comes the pressure on top of my head or in my head and then i get a very lightheaded feeling like i am on the verge of passing out. It has a few other things in there like funny out of body feel and weird sensation in my stomach ect. this lasts for about 30 seconds or so and then starts to fade, it happens several times a day. Leaves me a little shaky and weak but then back to normal till the next one hits. The worst is if i am talking to someone, i feel like i can't even talk while it is going on. I went to the dr and he referred me to neuro who ran eeg and mri both came back normal but he still dx me with simple partial seizures. I guess i am just wondering if anyone else had very similar symptoms, i know these things can be quite unique.
I would love to hear if anyone can relate. thanks for listening toni
Hi, Your neuro is correct, what you describe are probably partial seizures. I too had very similar symptoms for about a year or two before I had a gran mal. I would get the partials about 1 or two times a month. We traced the events to the time around my menstrual cycle and ovulation. Do You notice this happening to you? I never got the passing out or weak feeling, but the out of body is a good way to describe what I felt.
. I had a history of two gran mals as an infant, but remained fine for 33 years before the partials started. My eeg was normal, but I am taking dilantin now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #3
(female)

tiino HB User
Re: pressure on top of head feeling??

I had a hysterectomy back in 2001 so mine aren't connected to that, but thanks so much for your reply. good luck to you....tino

Closed Thread