It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
seizures & colonoscopy prep

Anyone have a colonoscopy? Did you have any problem with the fasting & colon prep? I understand seizures can be a side effect. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
(female)

dogmom HB Userdogmom HB User
Re: seizures & colonoscopy prep

Nope! Just had an endoscopy and colonoscopy done in May. Albeit the pre-op stuff you hafta drink wasn't pleasant, I didn't have seizure episodes. Actually, amazingly, I only slept maybe 6 hlurs the night before the procedures and didn't seize...so I guess these miserable drugs we take day in and out actually WORK, eh?

So don't worry! Just be sure to tell the pre-op nurse of your "condition" and all of the meds you are on...I was allowed a whole SIP of water to get down my 6 AEDs the morning of my endoscopy/coloscopy.

It was no problem!

You won't remember anything! Trust me....I'm drug-resistant!

Best wishes to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User

Thanks & I'm glad you got thru w/o a problem. I have a lot of other health problems & allergies, plus I'm a big old coward.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
(female)

dogmom HB Userdogmom HB User

You're not a coward! Having any kind of procedure done is scary! Anyone who has had these procedures done will tell you the worst part is the prep. But once that's over with and you go to the hospital for the procedure, the "happy drugs" they put in your IV have some good stuff in there and you'll forget all about the nasty colon cleansing you had to do! ..not that you'll feel any pain at all! Or remember anything, for that matter!

Last edited by Administrator; 12-08-2007 at 11:57 AM.

Closed Thread