It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Question i need to talk my seizures are back.......

sherri or anyone else i need some advice i was having seizures back in june but they stopped so i thought well it was the meds i wqas on well guess not im having them again and my head hurts horribly the dr put me on darvacets for the head pain but they dont work the greatest it helps ease them but not totally ,im having a stress test done and another MRI done im fainting and passingout again and this time sometimes i feel it coming and sometimes not the psychiatrist i was seeing tried to tell me this isnt seizures but panic attacks well i dont believe this for one it happens in my house and when i leave i passout and when i drop my eyes flicker open and shut i cant talk nor move and i just lay there and then afterwards i feel so tired i just go to sleep im may end up going to a seizure clinic to see if this is for sure what is happening i done this same thing as a child .so can anyone talk to me about this i was in my kitchen cleaning up the other night it may have been lastnight and i started feeling real dizzy and i thought well im ok so i hurried and done what i was doing then all of a sudden my eyes started doing that flickering so i told my husband to PLEASE HELP ME TO THE COUCH he saw what was going on and helped me sit down does dizziness come with seizures??? i do think my falling and passing out is seizures i dont think its panic attacks i had them and still do and i feel different with the panic im confused but i think its seizures for one my head hurts horribly and i get real dizzy then i just drop to the floor so my husband went out and bought me a wheel chair bless his heart untill they figure out whats causeing all this its seizures or something but its not normal .to just fall for no reason .any help here please i been falling since sept 06 and its now oct 07 only now its worse then it was then and before my head never hurt now my head hurts like its going to bust .
thanks vickie
GODS
HE WILL HELP ME THROUGH THIS TOUGH TIME OF MINE
or could this be stress or something else??????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sherri5186 HB User
Re: sherri or anyone out there someplace i need to talk my serizures are back.......

Hi Vickie,

I am so sorry to hear that your seizures are back.I hven't been around
for a week or more because I had to go over and stay at my parents.
They put me on progesterone bc pills and it made my seziures worse.
Finally got the prog. out of my system and could come home.

Take care,Sherri

Old 10-16-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: sherri or anyone out there someplace i need to talk my serizures are back.......

Vickie I have a history of "fainting" which was blammed on "anxiety/stress" by alot of different doctors.My EKG's were always normal,my heart has tested normal,and CAT scans and,MRI.I have "fainted" a total of like 6 times in the past 14 years.Witnesses say I get real pale ,kind of stiff,and tremble slightly.I feel sick to belly a bit before or like I have to go potty,get lightheaded and dizzy,my vision starts to blacken and out I go.Afterwards I am a mess and I mean a mess.I feel totally awful,sweat from head to toe,heart either pounding or faint and sometimes skipping.I had once lost my bowels and once vomitted,I can hardly speak and I am extremly weak this all last for several minutes and slowly fades.Yep still till this day I am told the same thing typically its "anxiety/stress related" .."hyperventilation"....."prone to faint" LOL im sorry but the prone to faint one was the most humorous and rediculous one to me.Anywa,I guess im lucky in a sense that when I have these they are VERY sporadic I go years with none and then suddenly have one and then so on.I have thought mine could POSSIBLY be Vasovagal Syncope but I don't know and doctors ive seen havent really helped.I still believe more so that they have been seizures.I hope you get to bottom of this and you are right it is certainly not normal.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
(female)

bevin 30 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickie45;324***7
sherri or anyone else i need some advice i was having seizures back in june but they stopped so i thought well it was the meds i wqas on well guess not im having them again and my head hurts horribly the dr put me on darvacets for the head pain but they dont work the greatest it helps ease them but not totally ,im having a stress test done and another MRI done im fainting and passingout again and this time sometimes i feel it coming and sometimes not the psychiatrist i was seeing tried to tell me this isnt seizures but panic attacks well i dont believe this for one it happens in my house and when i leave i passout and when i drop my eyes flicker open and shut i cant talk nor move and i just lay there and then afterwards i feel so tired i just go to sleep im may end up going to a seizure clinic to see if this is for sure what is happening i done this same thing as a child .so can anyone talk to me about this i was in my kitchen cleaning up the other night it may have been lastnight and i started feeling real dizzy and i thought well im ok so i hurried and done what i was doing then all of a sudden my eyes started doing that flickering so i told my husband to PLEASE HELP ME TO THE COUCH he saw what was going on and helped me sit down does dizziness come with seizures??? i do think my falling and passing out is seizures i dont think its panic attacks i had them and still do and i feel different with the panic im confused but i think its seizures for one my head hurts horribly and i get real dizzy then i just drop to the floor so my husband went out and bought me a wheel chair bless his heart untill they figure out whats causeing all this its seizures or something but its not normal .to just fall for no reason .any help here please i been falling since sept 06 and its now oct 07 only now its worse then it was then and before my head never hurt now my head hurts like its going to bust .
thanks vickie
GODS
HE WILL HELP ME THROUGH THIS TOUGH TIME OF MINE
or could this be stress or something else??????
hello vickie,
My name is bevin I have suffered from non specific seizures since i was four years old was not properly diagnosed til age 21 becuase my brain waves were mature enough to show the spikes in brain activity during a seizure. As an adult I can tell you from experience that you falling down, being dizzy, having your head hurt is a sign of a seizure. when I had my seizures as an adult I not only became dizzy but was so lightheaded my head hurt really bad. I fell down the front of the kitchen counter top during one of my seizures and then was on the floor and only able to respond by shaking my head yes or no. So what you describe in this message is defintely a seizure. It is not stress or any thing else. you need to find a neurologist who specializes in seizure problems.

Last edited by bevin 30; 10-17-2007 at 05:28 PM.

Closed Thread