It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mezzedup HB User
Normal or not dropping saliva 'awake' since last big seiz?

Sorry! Dont now if asking here or other topic. Since last bad seizure I find my self loosing (more like dropping) saliva both while 'awake' and while sleeping to embrarassing point..... others wonder and I sure dont like being stared at.

I edit coz it now made a sore below dx corner of mouth and when asked, hubby says mouth corners are weird (he describe it as an
type of weirdness)

It happened to anyone before? What to make of it? And What TO PUT onto to help healing the sore cince it is always 'wet' and do my best not to rub it all the time......

Wont see neuro till nov. so till then i must hide?

mezzup

Last edited by mezzedup; 10-11-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: dont want to make two posts for samething so adding here

Old 10-12-2007, 02:01 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mezzedup HB User
Re: Normal or not dropping saliva 'awake' since last big seiz?

Since none has been able to reply to this post, could someone indicate me the best board to post it?

I'd like an answer and the chemist doen't know what to recommend me to put on the sore (allergy to what he'd have suggestedme to use so... )

Thank you and wishing you all a day of peace of mind and serenity in adversity.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User

Following a grandmal seizure Tuesday Tripp has an ulcer from
accidentally biting on on his lip during the seizure. I was told to get Milk of Magnesia and let him slosh it around them spit it out.You may want to try that for the sore in the corner of you mouth.
He always has a lot of saliva at any time...but more when he has a seizure.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:48 AM   #4
(female)

WhereIsTheLight HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzedup View Post
Sorry! Dont now if asking here or other topic. Since last bad seizure I find my self loosing (more like dropping) saliva both while 'awake' and while sleeping to embrarassing point..... others wonder and I sure dont like being stared at.

I edit coz it now made a sore below dx corner of mouth and when asked, hubby says mouth corners are weird (he describe it as an
type of weirdness)

It happened to anyone before? What to make of it? And What TO PUT onto to help healing the sore cince it is always 'wet' and do my best not to rub it all the time......

Wont see neuro till nov. so till then i must hide?

mezzup
Dear mezzup

I notice your mentioning 'below dx corner of the mouth' so it is not the mouth itself. Is the sore due to your biting yourself or from the 'saliva' that is irritating adding your rubbing it?

Bettyst suggested in her post 'I was told to get Milk of Magnesia' and I would add ' E vitamin' in liquid form to apply directly on the sore.

Have you asked who is following you up on your illness the reason for this 'dropping'? I have to admit not being too sure of what you mean by it so perhaps in being more specific someone will have some idea or recognize the problem you are facing.

Have a good day

Closed Thread