It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 08:01 AM   #1
(female)

Donte HB User
Can EEG be normal with polyspike-wave discharge type images every minute or so?

Hopefully, someone out there knows if this is normal for an EEG. I took my 15 year old son to get his second EEG. His first one was two years ago after having a grand mal seizure. The EEG showed that he had frequent spike waves that were consistent with JME. He has taken Depakote since then but at times when stopped taking it, he was fine. So, this prompted me to take him to another doctor for another opinion to see if he in fact has JME. They did another EEG and during the procedure I noticed these clusters of what look like "polyspike wave discharges" (found the name of this image after my research) that were happening around every minute or so. He wasn't moving at the time. Well, I got the results yesterday from the nurse and she said it was completely normal! I'm happy about it if it is true. But, I can't stop wondering now what those discharge things were. Were they normal for an EEG? I have called back and asked the doctor to call, but no telling how long that will take. So, in the meantime, I was hoping someone would be able to educate me.

Thanks,

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Good laminectomy outcomes wanted (really, all experiences) standingman Back Problems 185 04-11-2011 09:58 AM
is it normal aatwins2009 Cerebral Palsy 3 06-03-2010 12:44 PM
Doctor says labs are normal- are they? macs4life06 Thyroid Disorders 10 02-04-2009 04:11 PM
Lab results - Dr. says they are normal love2fishfork Thyroid Disorders 9 06-16-2008 08:34 AM
Losing my hair!! LOW TOTAL T3, but normal TSH, FT4, HELP! lynnrr70 Thyroid Disorders 2 11-08-2007 06:53 AM