It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
(female)

macguyversmom HB User
Whats this "box"

My ex has had 100's of grand mal seizures. The Docs have put some box on his head to track brain waves/activity. Anyone know more on this and whats it called?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2007, 11:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: Whats this "box"

If it's electrodes that attatch to the head, and there may be a "hip box" then that the wires from the head run down to if he is not in the hospital?

I'm guessing it's a portable EEG.
Basicly it moniters the brainwaves, monitering where any "abnormal" electrical activity in the brain may occur. Simply it moniters electrical activity in the brain. The different versions out there vary, so it depends. Sometimes they like it if you can log approx times. Others are time stamped.

Usually they will glue the electrodes on to have them work properly, then wrap your head The "helmet" type you need to have a shaved head for it to work properly and it make good SOLID contact with the skin.

I'm guessing thats what you are talking about. Let me know if I am off base.

--Travis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 03:21 PM   #3
(female)

macguyversmom HB User

Extremely helpful! Thanks so much!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User

yes travis it is a take home EEG which I had done twice before. The neuro is unable to catch ur spells in the hospital and sends u home w the hip box so while ur sleeping and eating he can record the brain waves in case u also have a seizure. it worked for me before while i was sleeping, so i hope it does for u too..

Closed Thread