It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

JulJul22 HB User
Four Episodes Already This Week!!!

Hello good people.
You all may know me by now and my situation. (See: giving up hope.) Still feeling horrible right now as I just had an episode an hour ago. I should start to feel better soon though, I hope. I was sitting on the floor this morning, getting ready for work and putting on my make up. I decided that I wanted to listen to the news so I reached over and turned the TV on without using the remote control and I had an episode. This has happened many times before with the TV and I was wondering if this is a trigger for any body else?

Also, I have been under a lot of stress the last couple of weeks and not really sleeping well. I know that sleep depravation can contribute to seizures. I have two neuros, each with a different diagnosis. One of my neuros says that I’m having partial seizures. I think that she’s right but I’m a single mother and I can not afford to loose my license so I was also wondering if these episodes could get worse if not properly treated. I have had them for almost 11 years now.

I'm also kind of out of it after an episode. Yesterday I was calling people by another name and....just stupid stuff like that. Yesterday’s episode happened when I was also watching TV and a noise triggered one. I was also calling somebody at that very moment and when they picked up on the other line I realized that I didn't have a clue to who I was calling or what for. It was very embarrassing.

Thank you all for any information. It has made me feel so much better to have found this board and have complete strangers understand something that most of my family doesn’t understand and be there for me. Thank you all so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
(female)

cittykat HB User
Thumbs up Re: Four Episodes Already This Week!!!

that seems normal to me. computer games,t.v.,and nintendoes will do that if looking at them for a long period of time. i had some seizures after playing some games with my kids on their game sets but had to stop----- dr. told me to. just listen to t.v. or watch for one half an hour out of every two hours. it works for me. on the comp. i am on a hour and stay off two and back on again. it is hard at first. now as to driving.......good luck. cittykat

Old 10-27-2007, 04:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User
Re: Four Episodes Already This Week!!!

Everyone has different triggers, and the sort of universal ones of sleep deprivation, stress, infections, drinking, for some women- their periods, etc.

Maybe meds need to be tweaked a bit by your doc??? I know when I was put on medical leave, and then disability, medication dose changes decreased how frequent (unfortunately not enough to be employable), but at least I could have some decent days without that 'hit by a bus' feeling.

The sound of flourescent lights makes me edgy enough to push me over the edge of my seizure threshhold, IF I'm already dealing with other triggers. For me, infections are a huge issue (usuallly bladder), and I keep 'foreign' antibiotics around for weekends when I can't get to the MDs office, just to hold me over until I can- not saying this is a good plan, but for me, it's an emergency only deal until my own MD is in the office. I can't take a lot of antibiotics because of the blood thinners, so having this one around can at least keep the worse days at bay. (dealing with that this weekend). I may be able to get into the urgent care clinic later today.

I had days and weeks/months where I'd have runs of really bad times with the seizures, and with some med tweaking by the doc, it helped- there's still hope. I was called refractory, and no surgical site to be an option... I don't think I'm necessarily 'refractory', but there were times when it was worse. Now, I'm down to 5-8/month, with some of those at night- so wake up feeling run over, and with my mouth gnawed on the inside of my cheeks- those leave the rest of the day sort of draggy.....but still better than 5-8/week.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User

How are you doing JulJul??

Old 10-30-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

JulJul22 HB User

I have been ok actually. Thanks for asking. I pretty much slept the entire weekend and haven’t had another episode yet so…..one less thing to worry about for today. Now if I could only get my love life back in shape! Lol

Closed Thread