It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
(male)

trsgew19 HB User
Exclamation Are these seizures? what is this?? help

I usually experience this upon waking up in the morning and it stops once i'm up and about. I wake up and shake on and off.(actually it wakes me up) Usually it happens a few times. My whole body tenses up when this happens. Its almost like shivering but it's not because i'm cold. It has been as bad as my hand shaking violently back and forth. I've tried to recreate it by tensing up my body on my own but i can't recreate it. When this happens i feel really bad. I notice that it has happened during the day a few times since this started. The other day i asked my father to get me an ice cream cone. About 15 minutes later when i was laying down(not sleeping just watching tv) i made a sound.(like a sigh when my body tensed up) He said i'll get the cone thinking i made the sound because i wanted it. What really happened was i was my whole body tensed up and i was shaking. i had made a sound while it was happening. After it happened i zoned out. I get these episodes where i zone out almost like daydreaming but i think it is more. About a week ago something happened and my whole spine was tingling and the back of my brain was tingling. It was really weird and it scared me. When I get these episodes i notice my face becomes numb(this also happens sometimes during the day without shaking) and i experience a sensation of it burning. every once in a while i'll taste or smell something(like food) for no reason. Also i noticed my saliva glands producing saliva for no reason sometimes(not becuse of hunger) Aside from these possible seizures i think i have bipolar disorder. (I'm going to a psychiatrist soon) My emotions are up and down but mostly up(hypomanic). All of this started after i took a drug called accutane. I think it caused brain damage. If anyone can tell me what you think i'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Last edited by trsgew19; 11-08-2007 at 04:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User
Re: Are these seizures? what is this?? help

It does sound like seizures to me...maybe complex ones. I hope you get some answers to what is going on.
(((hugs)))

Old 11-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User

There are a lot of other disorders that can cause spine tingling; Have you had a spinal tap?
Doesn't sound like any bipolar symptoms I've heard of....not that I've heard of all of them= lol..... but still sounds more neuro than brain chemistry.....(fine line, i know).

I'd insist on a full work-up...not just an MRI and/or EEG....those often come out fine with seizures, and other things are ignored.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:29 AM   #4
(male)

trsgew19 HB User

ok thanks for the replies

Closed Thread