It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Is This Panic Or Seizures Please Help!!!! Im Starting To Get Scared.

Hi,im Wondering If Anyone Has Ever Fainted Due From A Panic Attack See Im Not Sure If This Is Panic Or A Seizure Whats Been Happening To Me Is This I Will Just Drop To The Ground Without Warning And Sometimes With Warning Like I Will Get This Really Bad Headache And Get Dizzy Then I Fall ,i Went To Hospital Monday Was Suppose To Stay 3 Days But Left Early ,i Had 5 Attacks Not Sure If Its Panic Or Seizures But When I Have Them My Eyes Start Flickering And I Go Limp And I Cant Respond To Anyone Talking To Me Till Its Over The Staff Was There And Was Talking To Me But I Could Not Say Nothing And My Eyes Flickered And It Felt Like They Were Trying To Roll Back In My Head And I Was At The Vegg Unit .and I Wont Get Results Back Till 2 Weeks ,but Im Wondering If This Is Seizures Or Very Bad Panic I Take 1 Mg Xanax To Calm Me Down And They Saw That I Took Xanax And A Psychiatrist Came In And Automaticly Said My Xanax Was Causing This I Do Not Believe So Cause I Only Take One When I Feel That Feeling Coming And Even If I Take One It Dont Stop The Spells From Happening And I Never Abuse Them And Never Take More Im Suppose Too This Fainting And Falling And The Eye Flickering Has Been Going On Since Sept 06 And As A Child At Age 4 I Did The Same Thing Only Back Then I Was Totally Out,then Like I Was At My Brothers Once And Out The Blue Without Warning I Fell To The Ground And My Eyes Flicker I Say This Because I Feel It But I Cant Speak I Go Limp Nobody Can Left Me Or Nothing Im Confused Cause Everyone I Have Talked To About This Even Mental Places Say They Have Never Heard Of Fainting Or The Eyes Flicker From A Panic Attack And When I Fall I Breath Fine I Just Lay There Limp With My Eyes Flickering.
Can Anyone Help Me Here Im So Confused .and The 5 Spells I Had At The Hospital Was While Laying In The Bed So I Dont Know Whats Going On Plus I Have The Bad Headaches Everyday They Never Go Away I Take Darvacets To Help Thats The Only Thing I Have Found To Help I Cant Take The Migrane /tenion Headache Pills The Drs Give They Make Me Feel Worse.and For Some Reason I Just Fall And Im Starting To Get Scared And I Have Been To Dr After Dr Trying To Figure This Out I Feel As Though Im At The End Of My Rope I Dont Know Where Else To Turn For Help.
Vickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User
Re: Is This Panic Or Seizures Please Help!!!! Im Starting To Get Scared.

vickie this sounds more to me like a type of seizure. You may start having the panic feelings at first, but then drop due to the spells. I have had both, and yes I have faited but only from the seizures never a panic attack, w/ the panic attack I mostly cry a lot shake and hypervent, but never drop, so I believe is mainly seizures your having problems with. I hope your neuro takes all the necessary test and give u the right meds, but try to not think of the panic attacks much cause they help bring on the seizures, at least it my case that's what happened. Best of luck to you...

Laura

Old 11-21-2007, 04:46 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sherri5186 HB User
Re: Is This Panic Or Seizures Please Help!!!! Im Starting To Get Scared.

Vickie,

Being that you drop then can still hear everyone but you cannot
respond to them,it sounds like a simple partial seizure,a complex
partial is when you cannot hear or know a thing that is going on
around you.And like I said before,you having this happen to you as
a child and now coming back makes me believe even more so that
they are seizures,especially all of this happening now that you had
the hysterectomy which put you in an early menopause which could
have caused you to have the catamenial seizures.Glad to know that
you are home for the big turkey day and I hope you a wonderful and
happy thanksgiving.Take care,Sherri

Closed Thread