It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

sickandsad83 HB User
Doctor thought maybe epilepsy

Hello,
I went to the nero about 5 months ago for what were thought to be mini stroke symptoms. The nero thought it may be epilepsy but I sort of was like no way, that cannot be what is wrong with me, I guess I just always thought that with epilephy you would fall down on the ground and shake. Anyway, let me tell you my symptoms and you guys can tell me what you think.

I shake all the time, several times a day and I do it when I am sitting still, like reading, on the computer, etc. I thought maybe it was some sort of tremor. Sometimes I rock like back and forth like my head really fast and other times I feel like my head is viberating uncontrollabley. This started when I was about 17. This is so embrassing because I shake when I sit in class and I know people notice because people ask me if I am ok.

Episodes where my right upper eyelid droops

Episodes were right arm goes numb

Episodes where hand eye cordination on my right side is bad like it is hard to use my right hand

Have had three episodes in the last year and a half where it felt like the ground was moving in a wave and was falling to the right.

When this happens emotionally I feel werid sometimes, I guess like I am not there, it is an odd feeling.

These symptoms happen several times a day, expect for the walking symptoms.

When this happens I feel tired and my head hurts afterward.

A few weeks ago when I was sleeping I had an episode where I was laying on my stomach and kept hiting the bed nonstop, it seemed like it lasted a long time but I hardly remmember this. After I could not move and when I woke up had the worst headach on the front of my head.

Had an MRI but the doctor did not have a copy of the actual MRI but said it was fine. When I got the MRI the doctor said they wanted to do another one with contrast after the first one with they did without contrast, who knows why? Still need to get that done.

So my question is could this be epilepsy and I have another appointment with the neruologist next week so what should I tell her?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2007, 07:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

life_is_good HB User
Re: Doctor thought maybe epilepsy

Your symptoms definitely warrant further testing, as it could be several different things. Just to note, there are many different types of seizures and you will need an EEG to see what's actually going on. An MRI will rule out lesions, tumors or blockages. What you're experiencing could very well be epilepsy, but only a neuro can make that call. If you have the time, write everything down - symptoms, dates, questions, everything...and bring it along to your appointment. Also, you can request a copy of your test results if you want to keep a file for your own records. Keep us posted and hope you get some answers.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickandsad83 View Post

I shake all the time, several times a day and I do it when I am sitting still, like reading, on the computer, etc. I thought maybe it was some sort of tremor. Sometimes I rock like back and forth like my head really fast and other times I feel like my head is viberating uncontrollabley. This started when I was about 17. This is so embrassing because I shake when I sit in class and I know people notice because people ask me if I am ok.
Have you looked into Parkinsons based on that description? Constant tremors can be attributed to other ailments other then that as well.

Usually it does not onset at a young age (parkinsons).

--Travis

Old 11-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #4
(female)

sickandsad83 HB User

Thank you for the advice! I see the nerologist today so I will let you know how it goes. Also I thought I should also say that, my right arm hurts on and off as if it is being crushed and I am always coughing up phelgm?

Old 11-26-2007, 08:39 AM   #5
(female)

sickandsad83 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis from MN View Post
Have you looked into Parkinsons based on that description? Constant tremors can be attributed to other ailments other then that as well.

Usually it does not onset at a young age (parkinsons).

--Travis
I am only 24, so I thought I was to young to get parkinsons?

Closed Thread