It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #1
(female)

Janisk HB User
Question Anyone hear of Seizures and heavy metal toxicity?

I was wondering if anyone has heard of or experienced seizures due to heavy metal toxicity?
I have had a total of 5 grand mals(sp?) over the last I'd say 10 years or so. After the first one and all the tests the MD's ran they couldn't find anything wrong with me and said it would probably never happen again. I didn't like that answer and went to a Naturopath. That time it appeared I was toxic with copper. Got rid of the copper and was good for probably 5 years. Then had two more seizures. Went again to a natural type physician (this time and MD) and I was mercury toxic. Along with some other metals. Cleaned out again and no seizures for 2 1/2 years. Sure enough 3 weeks ago had another one. Again, I'm toxic with mercury and other heavy metals.
All my seizures have happened following a de-ja-vu feeling and have been all gran mal's. I've really been trying hard to stay away from the drugs if it's possible. Just don't like the sound of the side effects.

Just wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar? Mostly wondering about the heavy metal thing.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2007, 09:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
Re: Anyone hear of Seizures and heavy metal toxicity?

I have heard of it but never found a neuro that will verify it. I had my first seizures from being toxic from pesticides. I also have a problem with glues & paint but when I try to tell the dr they just dismiss it. I finally had to go to an enviromental dr b/4 I found answers. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User

Based on what I have; copper (in excess) can cause seizures; so reading the homeopathy books it has been used BY THOSE TRAINED to treat seizures. (homeopathy book, no direct quote)

A good premise, if you are having trouble understanding, is the following. With homeopathy the phrase "like treats like" is often used. Meaning it can treat the symptom, however when taken wrongly or in excess it can also CAUSE that symptom. That is why those that are not trained should not use it unless advised by a professional.

Cause may be your environments or foods you eat.

To answer your question, NO I have not heard of seizures being caused by metal toxicity. Ingestion of metals (Lead) has been known to cause seizures, most often with children (off-topic slightly).

--Travis

Last edited by Travis from MN; 12-05-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
(female)

Janisk HB User

Actually my very first seizure years ago I was found by the Naturopath to be copper toxic. He had me do oral chelation (as I'm doing now again) to get rid of the copper and then I had 6 years without a seizure. For some reason I keep building up toxins. Mostly heavy metals. I don't have copper this time. Probably because we put in reverse osmosis water filter. (Since all plumbing is copper.)
Thanks for your feedback.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User

I never had issue with copper or PVC. We had both in the home I grew up in. I have even installed both.

Before anything else, have your GP's run an allergy test at all related with metals? (not the metal buildup that the second one told you). I don't even know if they CAN test for it.

If you have a garden you actively use, I'd have that tested, or if you have a well check that out as well.
If you have city service water you can look into public works reports water department. City runs a line from the street to your home (usually PVC or similar material). OLD homes used iron back when.

Basically testing/checking your home area to see if that is safe.

--Travis

Closed Thread