It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
does weird dreams happen if your having seizures in your sleep???

hi all im just wondering something can we have weird and very strange dreams if we are having a seizure in our sleep this week i believe monday and tuesday i was asleep and i remember everything about the dream and it was so weird and scarry too i felt like i was trying to wake up but couldnt and when i did wake up i was so tired and confused and the dream scared me to dealth if you want me to tell you about the dream i will tomorrow since its late and i have to get to bed.but i heard someone say that dreams come when your having a seizure not sure if this is true but this dream scared me to dealth and forgive my typos my eyes arent good i been having blurry vision and cant see as well and my glasses are only a yr old .
vickie
gods

Old 01-18-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

life_is_good HB User
Re: does weird dreams happen if your having seizures in your sleep???

Hi Vickie,

Yes, it's hard to distinquish between these very vivid dreams and seizures. I know exactly what you're talking about. You don't get those types of dreams/seizures all the times (thankfully), so they're hard to catch on an EEG. I just know I'm really glad when I wake up from them. Quite often, if it's seizure-related, it's often associated with temporal lobe epilepsy. It's a great question to bring up to your neurologist. Let us know if you get an answer to this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User

Interesting. I have night seizures, and do have weird dreams- don't always remember them, but know they were weird....I go for VEEG sometime soon, so will be interesting to see if they catch any..... I also wake up with headaches a lot....sometimes just sinus, but othertimes, duller, like daytime post-ictal stuff

Old 01-24-2008, 07:05 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User

I wonder if Tripp(my son) is having scarry dreams. He has so many complex seizures at night...I was up till 3am with him! He does get scared and tried to get out of bed..

Old 01-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
(male)

sztoomuch HB User

The first time I had a Grand Mal seizure I was asleep. There was a very brief 'dream', almost as if it lasted only a few seconds. I then woke up having thrashed the bed and bitten my tongue. So, yep, I can say that it happens, cause I had one.

Scary? Yes, it would be scary. Briefly, the dream was that I was falling off a cliff. I never really fell, nor did I even move in my dream, just that feeling of falling, and that was it. It scared me, but I knew it was just a dream.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ok well here's the dream i had ,i was laying in the back of a heast and i was saying to myself why am i laying on this thing and why am i in this hearst and i kept trying to wake up but couldnt ,then right after that i had another dream and that one was very very scarry i cant remember now what it was i will have to think about it and post cause i had the 2 dreams about 2 weeks ago but when i woke up i was sooooo confused and scared to dealth and very tired even though i just woke up but alls i know is it was horrible and i kept trying to wake up and this isnt the first time this has happened i have had dreams like this in the past also only i didnt know what was going on and i even wake up in the middle of the night scared for some odd reason and i sometimes remember the dreams alls i know is they are horrible to me and im now on depakote 500 mgs 2 a day and lordy they make my hyper sort of till i get use to them i guess i just hope they work .
vickie
i wish i can remember that 2nd dream i will but i have to think about it since its been a couple weeks i should have wrote it down but i will try to remember it oh now i know it was my dad whos dead and he was saying come on vickie and some other odd stuff but i cant remeber all but i will then post .

Old 01-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ok well here's the dream i had ,i was laying in the back of a heast and i was saying to myself why am i laying on this thing and why am i in this hearst and i kept trying to wake up but couldnt ,then right after that i had another dream and that one was very very scarry i cant remember now what it was i will have to think about it and post cause i had the 2 dreams about 2 weeks ago but when i woke up i was sooooo confused and scared to dealth and very tired even though i just woke up but alls i know is it was horrible and i kept trying to wake up and this isnt the first time this has happened i have had dreams like this in the past also only i didnt know what was going on and i even wake up in the middle of the night scared for some odd reason and i sometimes remember the dreams alls i know is they are horrible to me and im now on depakote 500 mgs 2 a day and lordy they make my hyper sort of till i get use to them i guess i just hope they work .
vickie
i wish i can remember that 2nd dream i will but i have to think about it since its been a couple weeks i should have wrote it down but i will try to remember it oh now i know it was my dad whos dead and he was saying come on vickie and some other odd stuff but i cant remeber all but i will then post .

Old 01-25-2008, 05:10 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Sherri5186 HB User

I have never had a very wierd dream that I can recall,I know they
say we dream all the time and that everyone cannot remember them,
which must be my case,because I may remember 4 or 5 dreams a year.
With as many people that say they have seizures at night,I am sure
I do also,but,then again if or when I do have a seizure at night,I cannot
recall those either.I too will be going in for a video EEG,we'll see what
happens then.Very interesting. Sherri

Old 01-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

JulJul22 HB User

I usually have seizures at night. Actually I just posted about what affects smoking patches can have on seizures. Everytime that I have a seizure in my sleep, I ALWAYS wake up and lay until it passes and grab a ginger ail because most of the time, I get nauseas afterwards.

I too have very vivid dreams but I think they are more related to the smoking patch. Iíve mostly been having dreams about work and wake up exhausted and mad because I feel as though I just spent a whole day at work already! What ever happened to a good nights sleep?? TGIF!

Closed Thread