It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
can people have seizures without falling down? are there different types of seizures?

hi everyone im asking this because i have the drop down and passout seizures well i havent had one in 2 mos but my brother has been having very bad vivid dreams and he doesnt know what hes doing he woke up onenight and didnt have no clue as to what he was doing he thought donkeys were in his room and another time he was choking his wife because he thought he was choking something else and another time he started yelling about something and my sister in law went in the bedroom and said eric what is wrong she said he looked at her and said who are you and what are you doing here .my other brother dont have the falling down ones either he takes his arms and hands and puts them way up by his shoulders and just starts shaking real bad and he can do this for hrs and cant control them and dont even know hes doing it .now with me id just drop to the ground and not beable to do anything sometimes i hear people and other times i didnt even know what was going on or even what happen till my family tells me like my eyes flicker so far i havent had one in 2 mos but im on 1000 mgs of depakote and the tiredness is finally going away but now im starting to get dizzy again and im also becoming cranky alot is this normal or does this mean i may need to change meds?
any advice on this and what types of seizures to what i posted about my 2 brothers .would really help .any advice would help here.
thanks
vickie

Last edited by vickie45; 03-09-2008 at 12:21 AM. Reason: forgot a few things plus spelled a word wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
(female)

Aurorasmommy HB User
Re: can people have seizures without falling down? are there different types of seizu

Hello,

My daughter doesnt drop down. Here is an example of her seizures...

She walks into her playroom and stops where she is and gets this look on her face (Blankness)... she will just be staring and swallowing. She will look at me if I ask her too, but will not be able to respond. Her body is not stiff at all, she is just staring and swallowing... and then eventually within a couple of minutes she throws up. Within 5 minutes her seizure is done... but the last one went into Status and lasted 35 minutes, and had to be stopped at the hospital. That one started off with the swallowing and staring and then went into a Generalized Seizure... where she was jerking all her body parts.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: can people have seizures without falling down? are there different types of seizu

There are many different "degrees" of seizures. There are "walking" seizures, they are exactly as they sound like. A person walks around in a daze like. Unknown what they do. One man I knew would hand away his items, like his wallet, his jacket, his ballcap. When he came to about 10 minutes later he was slightly confused but we would give him his things back and he would tend to go to his room.

Another person the seizure stimulated the (think mind) sexual part of the the brain and she started to act not how one would expect in public lets say. We had to lead her to the elevator and to her room. She almost tore off her shirt in the process.... Not what we wanted to see. When she came to she thought we had done that to her.

Others (like ME) have shown an increase in strength during the seizure, as well as the confusion. In another episode I quoted writings (scripture, 2 times, different passages). I was told about that and didn't believe it at first until another witness confirmed it.

Others can have an episode, and it was hard to tell if it was still seizure or post seizure, but they acted like they were back in childhood time "mommy's coming home, I have to clean up" then slept for a few minutes (recovery) and once they woke up (5 minutes later) they were unaware of what had transpired.

Thats a few examples I can give you of what I have seen or have done.

--Travis

Old 03-10-2008, 06:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User

There are also motor seizures, which is what I get. They are simple-partials, but they affect my movements- when sitting at rest, my leg will feel all tingly and annoying, and then when I try to move my leg, it will start jerking around, and it makes me walk with a limp. When it spreads to my arm and my side, though, even at rest, the muscles will tense up, like my ear wants to touch my shoulder or my elbow wants to touch my hip. lol.
But I'm always totally alert through these.
They can last for hours at a time, and my neurologist is always completely confused when I say this.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
(female)

crouzon HB User

hello,
I have been having seizures for the past one year and a halph and my pops [dad] and ma say that when i have them, i usually have them at about 5 am and i start talking and then such, and then i start choking on my tongue and fist my arms straight down and then roll my eyes backward... but according to my neuro. dr. he says that THERE ARE different types of seizures and mine is considered 'minor' compared to some...

Old 03-18-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
(female)

valeriedl HB User

the sezs that I have I usually just stare off into space. I'll smack my lips together and droll. Sometimes I'll talk, I know what I'm saying, but what is actually comming out of my mouth is jibberish. When I come out of the sez it takes me a while to figure out what's going on. I won't know who the people are that are with me.

As far as the dreams, I sometimes have ones that animals come and try to get me too. My boyfreind sleep in seperate rooms and he will come into mine to let me know that he is leaving for work. I can't tell you how many times I've almost punched him because I thought he was something in the dream.

Recently I've been having lots of odd dreams. I've had 2 sezs in the last few weeks so I don't know if that could have something to do with it or not.

Closed Thread