It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2008, 07:54 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User
a first in 5 years!

Tripp has gone 5 days without ANY TYPE OF SEIZURE!!!!

It has been a rollercoster ride with his med change to get him off Tegretol and increasing the depakote....tried it alone but did not help...so she(neuro) added the Lyrica slowly to 100mg twice daily.THEN....he was still having seziures daily so she upped it to 100mg 3 times daily.
He has really had a rough time going from 11 grandmal seizure in one week to non now! She then added Clonazepam 0.5 mg three times daily until he got over the rough times of seziures.

We saw her on Monday of last week and she dropped one of the Clonazepam(noon) and increased the Depakote to 750 in the afternoon.
His meds now are 750mg of Depakote 3 times daily,100mg of Lyrica 3 times daily....BUT the best is he is now on Clonazepam 0.5 mg twice daily...one at night and one in morning! I know from what I read on this drug it can be addictive and stop working increasing seziures so it must be upped. I am SO PRAYING that this doen't happen with him.

Has any of you tried Clonazepam??

Old 03-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
(female)

inaroux63 HB User
Smile Re: a first in 5 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyst View Post
Tripp has gone 5 days without ANY TYPE OF SEIZURE!!!!

It has been a rollercoster ride with his med change to get him off Tegretol and increasing the depakote....tried it alone but did not help...so she(neuro) added the Lyrica slowly to 100mg twice daily.THEN....he was still having seziures daily so she upped it to 100mg 3 times daily.
He has really had a rough time going from 11 grandmal seizure in one week to non now! She then added Clonazepam 0.5 mg three times daily until he got over the rough times of seziures.

We saw her on Monday of last week and she dropped one of the Clonazepam(noon) and increased the Depakote to 750 in the afternoon.
His meds now are 750mg of Depakote 3 times daily,100mg of Lyrica 3 times daily....BUT the best is he is now on Clonazepam 0.5 mg twice daily...one at night and one in morning! I know from what I read on this drug it can be addictive and stop working increasing seziures so it must be upped. I am SO PRAYING that this doen't happen with him.

Has any of you tried Clonazepam??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
(female)

inaroux63 HB User
Re: a first in 5 years!

Hi Betty,

S very very pleased and exited about Tripp having no seizures in 5 years. I hope the medication works for him continously.

Bet you know who I am. Please give Tripp my regards

Ina

Old 03-26-2008, 06:10 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User
Re: a first in 5 years!

HI INA! Nice to see you here!
This is a great board....I get tons of information from!

Closed Thread