It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
(female)

Sketty HB User
really strange, please read.

Hopefully Someone can help. I've been having a lot of medical problems lately, MRI showed dozens of lesions on my brain and I'm on Diamox to reduce spinal fluid production or something? Not really sure why because my neurologist is a quack, but anyways, last night around 10pm I went to bed in shorts and a tank top and set my alarm so I would get up for work at 7am, next thing I know I'm waking up on my dining room floor completely dressed for work with my hair done and everything and no idea what happened or how I got there, I was totally confused and my jaw hurt really bad, I checked the clock and it was 2pm, so needless to say, I missed work. The last thing I remembered is going to bed last night. I was wondering if I possibly had a seizure? I know you usually have amnesia during it, but would I have forgotten everything that happened before it also? And would I have slept for THAT long after or was I in a coma or what? and I didn't pee my pants ( I don't know if that happens everytime) please let me know what you think. Seizure or something else?

Thanks

Rachel

Old 06-11-2008, 02:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: really strange, please read.

Any need for you to go south to Abbott, HCMC, or any of the other Neurology places in the metro to obtain further testing? Or does Duluth have ample clinics for you? I knew of a few neurologists that (in the past) made visits to that fair city on a monthly basis.

--Travis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
(female)

Gina04 HB User
Re: really strange, please read.

Definitely talk to your doctor ASAP. Go to the ER if you can't see your doctor right away. The dozens of lesions on your brain make me think more about Multiple Sclerosis (MS). You may want to talk to your doctor about that possibility. Seizures can be a symptom of MS. It sounds like you may have had a seizure but it also could be a concusion, a stroke, sleep walking or something else. With the type of seizures I had, during the seizure I would often keep doing whatever I was doing before it started but I wouldn't do it very well. For example, if I was eating, I would continue to eat but I might drop the fork or spoon. If you were having a seizure when you got up, your hair probably wouldn't look the way you usually did it, etc. If you got up, got ready for work, and then fell on the dining room floor, it's possible that you were fine until the fall but that you hit the floor hard enough to give yourself a severe enough concussion that you had amnesia. Whatever happened, you should be seen by a doctor ASAP and you should make sure you give him/her all the info you included in your post.

Closed Thread