It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
(female)

Houda HB User
seizures & passing out...

hey everyone, im 17...and for some time now, i have been passing out out of no where...before i do i feel my heart beat fast, slow, and hard all at the same time. it has been going on and off for about a year. Now yesterday was something that i never felt before it was diffrent, i was at work, and i felt my brain spin inside my head, my vision got blurry, so i went to go sit down, because passing out at work would be really embarrasing. Then the feeling would not stop, so i figured if i walked around, or got up it maybe go away...i was WRONG!...I fell..and could not move, i started to breathe heavily then my mouth got dry and it felt as if when u have a leg cramp and cant move it...well i felt that but 20 times worse through out my whole body from head to toe...and i was paralized..mostly my hands and arms..they stayed at a position..its so hard for me expaile everything...

i have never had an episode like this one...but everytime i pass out i am aware of everything that was happening, even when this happened, i was screaming and breathing very hard, i couldnt stop it.

i have gone to the doctor before, emergency rooms, EVERYTHING!
they always say there is nothing wrong...that i am fine now...if you know what this could be, please let me know....one here or by email..

( removed - do not post your email address - please read the posting rules )

( edited by Moderator2. Reason: posted contact info )

Last edited by moderator2; 06-15-2008 at 08:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
(male)

Mediocrates HB User
Re: seizures & passing out...

That certainly sounds like some sort of partial or focal seizure. Consciousness can remain during a seizure and they can progress into general seizures, the stereotypical grand mals. I have found that mine will pass if I remain still, but they do escalate if I keep moving.

Do a search on partial seizures. The NIH's Medline has a good page about partial and focal seizures, but there are also others.

My first couple of partials scared me, too, and I was frustrated when emergency couldn't find anything. Please call your physician or a local neurologist tomorrow and tell them what happened. They will take it from there.

Also, please understand that even though it may not seem like it at first, you can carry on with your normal life once you get treatment.

Closed Thread