It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

JulJul22 HB User
Simple Partial Seizures and Nightmares?

Okay, Iím sure that I am going to get grief back from this post but, o well. My neuro at University confirmed that I had simple partial seizures. Although my EEG came up normal, they did find a rather large Calcium deposit on the back of the brain. She wanted me to schedule another appointment in come back in. Well, that was a while ago and since then, I was forced to cancel my health insurance because I was single at that time with a toddler. Also, my neuro was going to revoke my license and I did not qualify for SS because I didnít have enough seizures supposedly.

I can and will live as I have been doing for the past 12 years as I have remained conscious and feel as though I am not a threat as I can control myself. I have experienced something though that I am quite curious about. I have been having very vivid, very scary nightmares almost every night for the last 3 months! Their almost always about death or as the one that I had last night, so scary I want to cry just thinking about it. Two demonís took my daughter in a room and locked the door and I could hear her screaming as the devil himself confronted me. It was a dream but it was the most frightening nightmare Iíve ever had.

Iím almost afraid to go to sleep. I am not taking any medications and have a pretty normal life. Could these nightmares have anything to do with my seizures?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

life_is_good HB User
Re: Simple Partial Seizures and Nightmares?

Just guessing here...has your doctor ever mentioned that your seizures are originating from your temporal lobe?

Old 06-20-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
(female)

Nickle00 HB User

I have not been diagnosed yet but I suspect I have temporal lobe epilepsy. The only time I've felt any jerking of any kind is in my sleep, I experience deja vu (auras?) on a daily basis and I too have terrifying nightmares!! Mine always involve ghosts or some kind of demon-type thing too. It's always something evil and completely terrifying causing me to have anxiety (something I don't normally have) before bed. I wake up frightened and balling and I become to scared to go back to sleep and will stay up the rest of the night. Melatonin has helped me tremendously. I try to live as organic as possible so I'm not really into meds but the melatonin has been working well. I had an MRI yesterday and am waiting to hear the results today.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

JulJul22 HB User

Thank you both for responding. Due to my symptoms, they did think that my seizures originated from the temper lobes but my eeg came up normal. My CT came up abnormal so I had to do an MRI and that was the result of the calcium deposit. My neuro at Franklin Square told me that as the calcium deposit is sitting on the brain, it is causing havoc on my nerves system as it is irritating the brain. What I would like to know is how the CD could be sitting on the back of the brain and my seizures are all pointing TLE.
Some of my symptoms:

Aura, the horrible warning feeling through out my entire body.
The weird taste in my mouth and smell.
I AM able to move but try not to and my sight changes. Almost like someone turned the contrast all the way up.
Then throw up (havenít in years but always did as I seized as a child)
Get extremely tired and fall asleep where I lay (As I have gotten older, I have learned to fight this but I still remain tired and do not drive for an hour)

This whole process last about 30 seconds. I do not understand why it has to be so difficult to find an accurate diagnosis and why most people are unaware of the different types of seizures. When my primary care doctor told me he thought I was having seizures, I laughed at him and months later watched an episode on the discovery health channel and discovered that he was right and cried my eyes out.

I have always felt very alone and wish that someone could relate. Nobody really understands just how tired you get after a seizure and how annoying it is to have to stay away from triggers and embarrassing to have one at work. LoL People can not see a partial seizure and are hesitant to believe you.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:04 PM   #5
(female)

LUCY1818 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulJul22 View Post
Thank you both for responding. Due to my symptoms, they did think that my seizures originated from the temper lobes but my eeg came up normal. My CT came up abnormal so I had to do an MRI and that was the result of the calcium deposit. My neuro at Franklin Square told me that as the calcium deposit is sitting on the brain, it is causing havoc on my nerves system as it is irritating the brain. What I would like to know is how the CD could be sitting on the back of the brain and my seizures are all pointing TLE.
Some of my symptoms:

Aura, the horrible warning feeling through out my entire body.
The weird taste in my mouth and smell.
I AM able to move but try not to and my sight changes. Almost like someone turned the contrast all the way up.
Then throw up (havenít in years but always did as I seized as a child)
Get extremely tired and fall asleep where I lay (As I have gotten older, I have learned to fight this but I still remain tired and do not drive for an hour)

This whole process last about 30 seconds. I do not understand why it has to be so difficult to find an accurate diagnosis and why most people are unaware of the different types of seizures. When my primary care doctor told me he thought I was having seizures, I laughed at him and months later watched an episode on the discovery health channel and discovered that he was right and cried my eyes out.

I have always felt very alone and wish that someone could relate. Nobody really understands just how tired you get after a seizure and how annoying it is to have to stay away from triggers and embarrassing to have one at work. LoL People can not see a partial seizure and are hesitant to believe you.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:17 PM   #6
(female)

LUCY1818 HB User

Hello. I am new here. I started reading all these posts here the other day and I felt very much at home. When I read this one, as you described your aura, it sounded exactly like the ones that I get, except for the fact that I do not get a wierd taste or smell. I have always felt that nobody understands what I am going through. Very few people know that I have epilepsy, besides my family. I work full-time, and nobody there knows. Even though we all hate to admit it, we do not want to be treated differently. When I get an aura, it's just like an "out-of body" experience. It is completely exhausting afterwards. When it happens at work, I just hope that I can have a few quiet moments afterwards to myself. I usually put my head down on the desk and say that my head hurts. Sometimes, my heart starts beating quickly afterwards. I wonder if that happens to any of you??? It can last anywhere from two to thirty seconds and I'm always completely conscious. I don't think that other people notice anything is wrong. Nobody has ever said anything to me. I'm glad to have found all of you.

Closed Thread