It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Unhappy i need to vent im so upset........

its been awhile since i been to the boards but 2 weeks ago i went to see my internal med dr a new one at that and i had a SEIZURE in his office i fell down did the no talking no moving eyes flickering stifening out everything saw my nero the 23rd hes having me have a MRI done monday the 30th well the internal dr i went back for a follow up and he said if i ever fall from a seizure again he couldnt be my dr i told him well then i guess this visit is now over but yet he still said he wants to be my dr i told him i had seizures he told me it wasnt a seizure i had but yes it was .i was at the desk ready to leave and getting my next appt and i got confused and my eyes started flickering and down i went my lips were glued shut couldnt talk or move then i let out a big screem and thats a seizure so im back to looking for a new dr again number one a internal dr isnt a neuro so he cant tell me its not a seizure i ask him if its not a seizure what was it he wouldnt say my neuro dr says yes plus im on depakote 750 mgs a day he switched me from the er to reg depakote and i like it better i dont get near as tired and also my neuro gave me xanax to help me when im nervous that new dr said NO!! so i will just let my neuro dr give them to me i had depression but im now on zoloft and its helped alot ,i told that new dr i cant help it if i have a seizure so da heck with him there are lots more drs out there i just have to find me a good one and will understand my prob and listen to me alls i know is if i took depakote from dec to april and didnt have a seizure according to the neuro dr he said if it wasnt seizures the depakote wouldnt have helped .so far i havent had any in awhile i had my last one 2 weeks ago but that was because i stopped my meds because i was so sick of being sleepy all the time but that was a big mistake and also i wanted to ask all of you do you or someone you care for have to be in a wheelchair ?? my husband ALLWAYS wants to put me in a wheelchair my neuro dr said for him to stop doing that and to get me out of the house ,my husband is embrassed if i fall i tell him well its not my fault he makes me feel like alls i should do is stay home he went to the amusement park today and wouldnt take me cause he was scared id have a seizure and that HURTS it also hurts that he never takes me out just to the drs only .he needs to except this illness of mine .also i know this isnt anything realted but just a question ....i take 3 -1 mgs of xanax a day been on them 3 yrs i have called places and they all tell me NO xanax wont cause a seizure plus i was having the seizures before i took xanax and also had them when i was a child so can anyone help me out here i keep telling myself maybe its not seizures but the neuro dr says yes and im doing what i did at age 4 what im doing now and the neuro dr said yes they can come back yrs later and i had a few drs witness a seizure and he said it looked allmost like a grandma i have small ones and some bigger ones so anyone out there can you help me here what should i do ??????
vickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: i need to vent im so upset........

I don't see what placing you in a chair would do. Is he trying to (do you know?) avoid injuries? If that is the case, patients that have "drop seizures" not grand-mal's per-se, sometimes wear the "soft" helmets (karate type) to avoid head injuries if they fall.

I personally would NOT want to be in a chair unless I needed to be. It makes people look at you more than normal. If you don't need the use of a chair, can use your legs, why should you be placed in one?

I have no clue what the Internist/Gp's problem is. They should be able to make a general statement to what they saw and how you came out of it, how you acted during and post seizure etc. They should be able to access or with your permission be able to obtain a copy of your file from your Neurologist if needed. However thats beside the point. For treating you for general medical issues the fact that we have seizures is part of our lives. It should not be a problem for the doctor.

No wonder you are stressed out.

--Travis

Old 07-01-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User

What? That totally makes no sense! I can't believe a DOCTOR would tell you he can't treat you if you have seizures. That's like a doctor saying to someone who has cancer that they can't be their doctor because they have cancer or something. That's crazy. I would be so ticked off. I don't blame you for being mad.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis from MN View Post
I don't see what placing you in a chair would do. Is he trying to (do you know?) avoid injuries? If that is the case, patients that have "drop seizures" not grand-mal's per-se, sometimes wear the "soft" helmets (karate type) to avoid head injuries if they fall.

I personally would NOT want to be in a chair unless I needed to be. It makes people look at you more than normal. If you don't need the use of a chair, can use your legs, why should you be placed in one?

I have no clue what the Internist/Gp's problem is. They should be able to make a general statement to what they saw and how you came out of it, how you acted during and post seizure etc. They should be able to access or with your permission be able to obtain a copy of your file from your Neurologist if needed. However thats beside the point. For treating you for general medical issues the fact that we have seizures is part of our lives. It should not be a problem for the doctor.

No wonder you are stressed out.

--Travis
yes travis hes afraid im going to fall but i told him i have to stop using that chair i want to walk and go places and do the things i use too i hate being in that chair i dont use it at home so why out in public i think its because he gets embrassed if i fall and people come running well i told him im going to start walking in the stores with him and all the other things we went to walmart he made me get in a dumb wheelchair im not depressed im only depressed when he makes me go in that chair im 46 yrs old and its time he lets me WALK i see lots of people who have seizures and they dont have to use a chair he didnt take me to the amusement park either i think his main trouble is i will embrasses him if i fall i know he loves me but hes got to let me walk and get out more to show him like walk through the mall in the stores out to eat the more places i go i think i will get better and im sticking to my meds i take them like im suppose too so whats the big deal so i fall it dont last too long and i am fine its not gms i just fall and it last like 1/2 hr .now on the er i started feeling better long before now but the 1000 mgs felt like it was too much i went 5 mos with no seizures was driving going to the store alone and going everywhere never fell down once but they came back why i dont know the dr said prob because my levels were too low .
vickie

Closed Thread