It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User
Question what to do...what to do...

Tripp went for 10 days without and BIG seizures. Friday around 8pm he had one when he fell asleep in the chair. He was fine Sat and we went to a friends birthday party. Sat evening at 8 he had a big one and wet his pants again fell asleep in his chair. It took him about 30 mins to come around enough for both my husband and I to get him clean and in bed. Then at 3:20 am, 5:50 am 8:30 am and again at 11:00 am he had more grandmals!!! I gave distate this time. He has them when he is sleeping! I have to sleep with him so one of us can call out to the other. He will not let my husband(his dad) sleep with him....just Momma.

He has an appointment with an epilepsy center in Jackson,MS Aug 5th.

Are we doing all we should do for now??? I don't know if we should take him to the ER or what....

Old 07-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: what to do...what to do...

Could the party have been the trigger? The excitement from that? Then due to having it (the seizure) being upset causing a domino effect causing more until calmed down?

I know every patient is different, and you being from the house are the best judge. I would suggest to try to help him shrug it off, that all is ok, not to worry if the seizures continue (as you do already I'm sure). See how that works before (IN MY OPINION) jumping to changing medications.

If it's even as simple as bringing over the birthday boy for a few minutes to let him know he's still on good terms with him after the seizure (reassurance, building up self confidence).

--Travis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User
Re: what to do...what to do...

Thanks SO much Travis!!!! I KNOW I can always depend on you to answer and calm my nerves!!! He had a couple of more and so I gave him a 1 mg Ativan. He got up shortly after that and ate supper and stayed up until 9...took his meds and slept like a baby...so did I!!!
I think it could have been the excitement...or the chocolate and ice tea....he does tend to get worked up over going someplace. It seems we go through this about ever 10 days to 2 weeks...a period of back to back seizures. I look forward to the E center on Aug 5th.
I am thankful he has them at night and not during the day.....As we are told to be "thankful for everything" SO I always try to fine what to be thankful for.

Closed Thread